1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

is rattle fixable under certified used car program? and out of state used car Question.

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by fyc2001, Mar 26, 2011.

1. fyc2001

fyc2001 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    II
    long story short, my wife and I drove to boston from NYC to take a look at a certified 2010 red prius II with 50K on it (for $16,988). Test drove the car, the front driverside dash has a constant rattle as long as the car was moving.

Dealer told me that rattle can be fixed and I can drive it home to NY in a few hours if I do the trade in.

After 15-20 minutes of negotiate on the trade in value, the salesperson returned my BMW key and we drove home without the prius.

My question: Can I take the a used certified prius to my area toyota dealer and get them to fix it under the warranty?

Two, dealer told me that I can't drive the prius home that day, because I am out of state, they have to complete the deal first, then I can pick it up a week or two later, is that true?

BTW: the dealer was McGee of Hanover, MA. they only lower the price on that prius on wednesday night on autotrader.cOm. then after I left, they move the price back to 17,988. (they have a no haggle price on their used car).

2. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow - 50k miles on a 2010??!! That seems awfully high for a one+ year old car. Are you sure you want such a high miles car?

3. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We bought a new vehicle in AL when we lived in FL and it only took them one or two days to process. Dealer slapped our old plates on from the trade-in and we drove to FL and paid FL taxes and title fees a few days later. Definitely not weeks.

4. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I might have been sold in June of 2009 making it almost 2 1/2 year old.

They should fix the rattle before you pick-up the car.