1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Satellite Optional or Factory Installed in Prius II 2010?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusOnTheFence, Sep 26, 2009.

1. PriusOnTheFence

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am about to put down a deposit for a 2010 package II, but it seems to carry a satellite accessory for about $500 extra. I am really not interested, but they are refusing to remove it, claiming it is factory installed and they cannot do it.

Is that right? It is listed as an accessory on the Toyota website, and all of them are optional.

Of course, it's well known this is how they make money off of us.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    PriusOnTheFence

2. sundevil

sundevil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wanted the same model as you, a II with no options. They were only going to add tint which they were going to charge me almost as much as they charge for the sat radio.

Anyway, I ended up with a II with sat radio, carpets, and bumper decal (all factory installed). They tinted it and I ended up paying what they originally were quoting me with just the tint. I guess the overpriced tint pretty much paid for the extras.

I would guess that to get a base II with no options might take a while. You would probably have to order one and wait or get lucky that one comes in that way.

3. lamontcranston

lamontcranston Umbra Tenet

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I can tell you that it's an option, because my Prius II doesn't have it.

4. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The sat radio is an option. I don't know if they could remove it though. They'd probably rather wait a day and sell the car to someone else than remove it.