1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is The 2010 Prius Comfortable For Very Tall Drivers?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by StevieB, Jun 23, 2009.

1. pst

pst New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Similar build and both front seats are fine, however the back seats are an adventure. Headroom is compromised! I can not sit in them without hitting my head.

Agree on the steering wheel comment though.

2. Maciej_S

Maciej_S New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It would be great if you posted or sent me the photos, thanks.

3. The green contractor

The green contractor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I noticed you referenced mod seat lowering mod and I can't tell you how much better it feels. If you put a 2 inch pad onthe front of your seat to prop up your legs you can get an idea of the support and then imagine that same support with the whole assembly lowered instead of raising just the front. My wife and I are driving to cocoa beach on sunday morning for a week cruise if you want to sit in the car I'll let you try it, I love it. Its like sitting in a bucket seat not just a narrow bench seat.

4. HelpSaveMotherEarth

HelpSaveMotherEarth New Member

Model:
    IV
    Should be plenty of room. My dad is 6'6" and when the one time I let him drive my gen 2 prius tour he said it was very roomy way mor then his mustang. And the 2010 prius is bigger so you should have plenty of room.

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Your father must have been too excited with driving a Prius for the first time to notice how poor the 2nd Gen driver cockpit room is for those much over 6 ft.

A keen observer can sit in a 2009 Corolla and discern that it has much better driver room and ergos than a 2nd Gen Prius.

The 3rd Gen Prius is completely different than a 2nd Gen Prius. A complete redesign, there is really nothing the same about them.

The 3rd Gen Prius driver cockpit room, 6-way adjustable driver's seat, tilt/telescopic steering wheel, dash controls brought close to the driver all add up to blow away the 2nd Gen Prius and its use of space for those well over 6ft.

The 3rd Gen Prius legroom available is off the hook (good) and the headroom is pretty good.

6. concertinajohnnyboy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Actually, if you are looking for good head room. I'd go with a Ford Navigator or Explorer. They are great for Tall Drivers.

7. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm 6'3", 190 and have no problems with head room or leg room. I like to wear fedoras (which adds a couple of inches to my height) and don't even have trouble getting in without knocking off my hat. I was most pleasantly surprised by its roominess.

Greg