1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is the lane departure warning buzzer volume adjustable???

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Insighter, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Insighter

Insighter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Can you adjust the volume for the lane departure warning buzzer? I'm talking about the warning sound the Prius makes when you get to close to the lines painted on the edge of the lane you are in. It seemed to be less loud today and I'm wondering if I might have somehow mistakenly adjusted the volume for it down.

I've searched on here and in the manual, and the only relevant references I can find are warnings in the owner's manual that state that the buzzer may be hard to hear in noisy surroundings or if the audio system is loud.

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If it is adjustable it would be listed in the manual under Specifications->Customization.

3. John6012

John6012 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'd like to know how to make it louder myself, I'm hard of hearing.

4. Pckxxx

Pckxxx New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Premium
    I like to drive close to the right line marking. I also like the steering assist feature but it is only on when the lane departure feature is on. However, I can not hear the sound because if poor hearing and it aggravates my wife when it keep beeping so she makes me shut it off.

I usually use the visual display in the heads-up display to tell me a have moved too far to the right, which i see okay- i see better than i hear!

Does anyone know the key strokes ( sequence of buttons to push on the dash) to completely silence the audio without actually shutting it off?

Also for those on the Chat who want to increase the volume do you know the key strokes to increase the volume?

thank you

Tips likes this.
  5. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    if those are options they are documented in your owners manual. Check the customization section in addition to others.