1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is the plug in hybrid the end game vehicle-

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by burritos, Mar 9, 2006.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well I stand corrected. Nonetheless, the oil companies like the diamond companies debeers essentially have an oligopoly on the supply of oil. It's not like anyone can create new oil companies to create competition to drive down prices. They may have kept the oil prices relatively fair in relation to inflation, but when the demand doubles or triples(the combination of India and China has 8 times our population), the price is going to skyrocket. That will be the driving push for alternatives. The sooner the better, but I'm not holding my breath.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    this statement is definitely a unique way of looking at darrelldd's postion. not really interested in how you came to this conclusion. but on the one hand we have oil which falls under the category of mineral rights. which even as a landowner in the US you probably dont own any of the mineral rights of the property you own and live on. so if you were to strike oil (or more likely a precious mineral like gold) you would most likely not have a legal claim to it. so oil companies have a stronger grip on the monopoly game

since

electric companies create a product that can easily be produced by nearly anyone with the resources (resources that are becoming easier and easier to obtain by the normal citizen...something that will NEVER happen with oil).

so to say that someone who provides a HUGE portion of the electricity he consumes by himself in spite of the electric company's best efforts to thwart him. i simply find it hard to see how you arrived at your conclusion