1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is the Prius C the right car for me?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by discoganya, Jul 12, 2012.

1. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Oh - that screen. Well my guess is by the time that goes bad there will be thousands of these that have been totaled and you should be able to get the working part out of a used car for pretty cheap. I would honestly expect that screen to last the life of the car.

2. extendmyseat

extendmyseat New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There is a easy DIY solution available on PriusChat.com. You may purchase seat extenders for your Prius C, V and 3 that will give taller drivers up to 4" more legroom.

3. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Definitely not the Prius C for long drives.

Mileage on Prius III vs. Prius C is the same, price about $2K more after dealer discounts, comfort level much higher. I'd go so far as to suggest the Prius III/4 with the power seats as all the Prius (C, III and V) are uncomfortable for many on rides more than 20 minutes. The power seats fix the problem and provide some good safety features for longer drives such as auto/on/off headlights and heads up display that keeps your eyes on the road.

4. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Just a couple of weekends ago, I was offered the Prius II trim Liftback for $23.5k before tax/license at two different dealerships. That's with 0% APR for 3 years to boot. If that's the car that will fit your commute, then why not get another?

While the Liftback is bigger and probably a better deal than my wife's zero discount C (and no special financing either), I just couldn't deal with the split image on the rear view. No Liftback for me.

5. tom & lisa s c

tom & lisa s c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    i had a 2008 civic i just traded in it got good milage and never broke the milage in the city in my new c is more than double i just got 60 mpg on the 401 from toronto i was going only 65 mph the civic would get around 37 to 39 mpg (us) and the milage would drop off just like the prius cat higher speeds .This weekend i got 68 on a smaller highway going 55mph a 40 mile trip and i got over100 in the city ,my cars at 54 mpg through the whole 3000 miles .I attended woodward cruise in detroit in it at times it was over 100 mpg i ended up around 56 traffic just stopped dead .I like this car much better than the civic other than the proformance

RocMills likes this.
  6. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have found my C to be a competent highway commuter after 13,000 miles. I spend 2+ hours daily behind the wheel at 65 mph speeds. Seat comfort is fine (for me, my wife's bad back can't handle it for more than 30 minutes), head and leg room are fine for a big guy like me as well. You will have no trouble hitting your 50 MPG goal. I keep to the speed limit and have averaged 50+ MPG over 30 tanks on very hilly terrain. My only complaints are wind noise and a harsh ride.