1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is the Prius Masculine?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Hoosier1, May 24, 2013.

1. Bob Hahn

Bob Hahn Wingman08

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I used the money I saved on gas to by, a AR, a AK47, a Harley HOG, and bag of chewing tobacco. then drove to the rodeo and tackled me a steer. Kick the shit out of a few bar bullies, the one SOB, almost put a smudge on my fender. Then after a rather uneventfull day, I grabbed me a big momma with hairy knuckles and totoos, yep drug her by her hair. you know like a troglidite, tossed her up on daddy's workbench. yanked a cold Bud from the frig bit the top off that bottle poured it down and call it day.
    What'd you boyz do today?

AlinaH_RD likes this.
  2. TowDawg

TowDawg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just bought mine less than a week ago, and I've gotten a lot of funny comments from people who know me, but I just laugh about not spending $800 a month on gas anymore. I'm a car guy who's always working in the garage and between the Harley, race car, Viper and H2, they are all a little shocked when I tell them there's a Prius in the garage now as well. However, the best comment came from my neighbor yesterday. He heard the stereo on in the garage (which generally means I'm out there doing something), so he came over to BS a bit (he's a car guy too). He saw the Prius in there with the other stuff and asked if I had a new girl living with me. I busted out laughing and said it was mine, but I'm still not sure if he was serious or just taking a little dig at me. :)

BCP, ewxlt66 and Rupert B Puppenstein like this.
  3. Zeus661

Zeus661 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I used to drive a car that got 25 mpg and purchased a Prius. I am 51 and male. I laugh all the way to the bank every time I fuel up because the company I work for pays me mileage expenses that amount to almost $1500 a month. That amount pays for the payment, fuel, insurance, and the fuel in my 4X4 and motorcycle with some left over. The picture of the motor to the left is what is in my motorcycle.

4. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You know when I was in Washington, DC a few weeks back, I saw that some guy added racing stripes and a bit of flame decals on the side. It just didn't make it more masculine, but I give the guy credit. He had a good sense of humor. I think most people who drive a Prius seem to regardless of if it is a guys car or not. I would not say it is a girly car either. It is simply practical. No one is ever going to compliment me on how cool my car is, but that is okay.

TowDawg likes this.
  5. TowDawg

TowDawg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've actually toyed with adding racing stripes as a joke. Since the Prius is the same color as the Viper, I thought it would be interesting to stripe the Prius to match and then get a pic with both of them together. lol

6. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bet you could get temporary ones to try out! The one I saw was the goldish brown color, so I think that made it even more funny. If you could add the engine sound effects of a bad nice person car, it would be so great to have a hidden camera to capture those reactions! :)

7. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    As I've mentioned before, one of the guys at worked called the car a vagina on wheels. Didn't bother me a bit. :D

Rupert B Puppenstein likes this.
  8. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A: No. Just think of poor coach who craved a Prius but ended up in Fusion Hybrid because his wife was concerned about the masculinity of the car he wanted.

But this is actually an advantage for Prius drivers because any derogatory comment relating to masculinity of a car allows you instantly to know you don't want to know that person anyway.

9. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I could care less about what anybody thinks or says about my car. Just man up and don't waste any time or energy on them.

10. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I know a lot of guys in the Seattle area that drive the Prius, and now, as of today, I'm one of them...lol!

11. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Ditto!

12. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Have you guys noticed how most of the replies have been more or less, "It's just a car. Get over over it." And yet this post is now 3 pages long in a short period of time. Are we really as comfortable with our masculinity was we claim to be?

No offense to any ladies that have replied. I just find it odd this thread isn't already buried by more recent threads.

PLSPUSH likes this.
  13. Daryl K

Daryl K Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

mad-dog-one hit it on the head: cars are machines. They are neither masculine nor feminine. Anyone who uses or thinks an inanimate object is an extension of their sexuality is permanently stuck in a pubescent (or maybe pre-pubescent?) phase, and I admit I feel a little bad for them.

As for the adolescent (in behavior, anyway) boneheads that make snide comments about me driving a Prius, or give me the finger on the highway, I don't know if it would be possible for that to mean less to me than it already does. Does an ant crossing your path ruin your day?

ftl likes this.
  14. RaZa

RaZa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    LOL I'd just call him an @$$hole on shoes

15. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't have to, he got canned, mainly because he was an a$$whole. :D

Rupert B Puppenstein likes this.
  16. carlosfpr

carlosfpr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm a vegetarian, I recycle and a Prius owner.... Damn, I’m screwed!!!!

I hope that being married, have a daughter and be a triathlete/crossfitter helps me a bit :p

17. carlosfpr

carlosfpr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'd love to see an ad with mean cowboy, smoking a cigarette with a couple of ladies (one in each arm) getting on a Prius.... beep beep!!

18. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Well my previous response is an exercise in- (hopefully) humor.

The correct answer of course, is who cares? I really don't.

The other thing? Having hung around Prius Chat for years....I know this topic appears from time to time. This isn't the first thread created about this supposed issue.

I actually find the whole debate and idea something so ridiculous that I can't really take it serious.

19. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    What's the problem with vaginas? I like'em even more than the Prius. ;)

twalatimer and PLSPUSH like this.
  20. SFR-DSR-44

SFR-DSR-44 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I propose we close this thread before we go any further down this path...