1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is the Prius v comfortable for plus sized drivers?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by julief, Aug 16, 2019.

1. julief

julief New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi all,
    I'm looking at a Prius v and am a plus sized person (5 ft 5 in, 300 lbs). If you are a plus sized person, is the front seat of the Prius v comfortable?
    Thanks.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    For a car that gets 40 mpg without trying hard it is fairly comfortable. I am 6' 3" and manage to fit but your results may vary. An extra lumbar support is useful. While the car really has the space of a mid sized car, it is basically a compact unibody and the seats are somewhat thin, but sturdy. Road noise can be pronounced as well especially at highway speeds. Since they stopped making Prius v's in 2017, you have to buy used. So be sure to roadtest and get one with low miles as the repairs can add up quick.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    5' 10" 375 lbs I drive as much as 330 miles a day, although not in one stint. I like it.

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    At 6’4” and 255, the 2012 v Five provides a very comfortable driving position, and I have sat in the front and rear passenger seats on occasion, with similar reviews.

5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Air_Boss reminds me the back seats are great. They have extra legroom and recline. Passengers back there are often surprised and as a result it makes a popular taxi especially in Europe. Another plus on interior space - its possible to move 10 foot pieces of pipe or lumber in limited quantities, driver only (and maybe a passenger behind the driver).

Air_Boss likes this.
  6. JayRock_PHX

JayRock_PHX Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think it is. but my favorite is the back seats. The first time i got in the back (uber) and i was totally surprised how much room in the back seats..

Rena Galvez and Air_Boss like this.
  7. Rena Galvez

Rena Galvez New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We chose the v specifically because we can fit two 230+ lb people plus a booster seat in it in reasonable comfort. The regular Prius was too cramped.