1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is the PriusChat Forum the most active Leaf forum?

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by ualdriver, Apr 22, 2010.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "very very active"....not exactly. But not bad for the moment. Let's see how many posts a day it's seeing in June or July after the deposit day enthusiasm dies down a bit. They've only had a few hundred threads posted since inception.

I'm optimistic, it has a lot going for it if the site owner/admin makes some much needed updates to the site software and makes it a bit more user friendly. But the group that's there now seems enthusiastic and the Nissan rep being active is a bit plus.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Current MyNissanLeaf lifetime stats:
    Total posts 614 | Total topics 146 | Total members 222

We get that in a day here at Priuschat. Like I said, I'm not dissing the site, just saying that it's very early and hard to know how it'll do in the long haul...or even over the next couple of months. But it has potential.

3. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    sure thing evan, but there are 3 generations of the Prius, with more than 1 million of them in the US. There are zero Leafs yet in consumers hands, so we really can't compare the 2 sites on a level playing field, yet.

I am not abandoning PriusChat, I just have another forum to also monitor, and I think if I post some suggestions there, there is a tiny chance that Nissan may read them, and maybe consider them, like the one I just suggested about them delivering some Leafs out of market sooner than they had originally considered, and maybe have the owners sign a waiver that they are aware there is no public charging infrastructure yet in their area, and please stay within your roundtrip distance capability or be prepared to trickle charge overnight... there are not many more early adopters than the initial rollout max # of 4700, so they might be able to do it, and get the cars in the hands of the people who want them, lets hope they consider it, at least.

4. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    One of the most active forums I've seen is NissanForums. So active, they close registrations from time to time.

Ironically, they don't even have a Leaf sub-forum.

ps : This is for PriusChat

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would prefer to stay here and have a subforum for any new fuel saving/lower polluting technology that comes along. one, it's easier than going to a million different places and two, the people here are into many different things, which makes it interesting. even if the volt has a site, and the leaf has a site and there's a site for every new car that comes down the road, they may be fine for nitty gritty tech stuff, repairs or whatever, but i would still like to see a general sub forum here.;)

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well can definitely say since the the registration date, the Yahoo site has picked up *bigtime*. they went from about 10 posts per quarter to about 10 a week.

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Below is an email from Nissan. I got it after asking a question about web access showing our "account" (it's pretty basic ... showing reservation code, etc). I wonder if MyNissanLeaf has access to the data.

8. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    +1

Also, Isn't it possible to buy different domain names and have them direct to the same location?

the idea being to invest in a new, broader name and expand PC.... I liked whatdrives.us :)

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i wonder how many people who got reservations are coming from "ordinary" cars?:rolleyes:

10. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    probably none. The people who signed up are "early adopters", if you click on the link in the thread I created about the PDF links of the Nissan PowerPoint presentation, you will see they have cleary defined us... "owns a Prius, believes EVs are the correct solution NOW'

http://priuschat.com/forums/nissan-hybrids-evs/79570-pdf-nissan-leaf-powerpoint-presentation.html

the post from "evnow" has the 3 different presentations

the January 2010 presentation, page 6, defines "early adopters" as it pertains to the Leaf

Attached Files:

11. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    I know a few, including me.

There was a 6 months waiting list to get one, when my wife bought a car. Couple of years back when I did calculations, I realized it was better (in terms of total emissions) to keep driving my Maxima until a BEV came along. So we never bought a prius.

The ppt shows "target audience" with likely profiles. Very common to do things like this in marketing. I read somewhere most of the iPhone buyers actually come from outside Apple's target demo, for eg.

12. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    of course there will be a few, but look at where you are reading about this: PriusChat

I myself am on my 3rd and final Prius, if I realized the Leaf was due out so soon, I would have kept (and wish I had kept) my 2004 Gen 2 Prius, as that would have been a good enough "2nd car" backup for the Leaf. I still may sell the 2010 Prius and get myself a much older Prius, or perhaps I won't need anything, we'll see.

I have an iPhone as well, and I did not buy the first several models, when the 3GS came out, that's when I jumped on it, and, only after porting my home phone # to it, so it didn't increase my overall phone bill by too much ($20 more/month).

some are early adopters for cars, some for cell phones/technology, but if you look at the 2nd slide, it's called "The pragmatic majority", this is where most people fit in, they don't like risk, and they wait unitl technoogy is proven/further down on the life cycle, risk averse types...

13. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a glutton for Leaf trivia ;-) I read all forums, social media, google/bing news etc. etc.

Ofcource, Prius owner is the prime demo for Leaf. It is also the main competitor - I'm sure thats one of the reasons behind Leaf's pricing.

14. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Nearly all, if you consider the Prius an ordinary car, as I do. Sure, it's got an advanced technology that burns less gas. But it's still a 100% gasoline car, and for me that's an ordinary car.

If I buy a Leaf I'll be coming from a Xebra, which is not an ordinary car. But if my electric Porsche gets done before the Leaf is available in Spokane, I might not get a Leaf after all. I'd have to weigh the slight increase in range (from 60 miles practical range to 80 miles practical range) and the wintertime advantage of the Leaf (stability control, etc.) against the fact that the Prius is still available to me and the nuisance and cost of maintaining three cars, since I'd still need the Prius for long trips, and I'd be unlikely to sell the Porsche just when it's finally ready to use.

15. mwalsh

mwalsh Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Me too. I've been wanting an affordable BEV with ~100 miles range for close to 10 years now. If it came from a major manufacturer, all the better!

Truth of the matter is, since we already own 2 Ford Focii, I would have probably preferred the Focus BEV. But Ford is not being terribly forthcoming about where they are at with development and production, which is probably a mistake in my opinion.

16. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Quite true - that only gives the impression that they are very far. Ford has actually outsourced the whole thing - they are the opposite of Nissan.

No wonder Ghosn boasted sometime back that there have no comptetitors.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/16/carlos-ghosn-on-the-leaf-and-evs-there-is-no-competition/

17. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    6600+ reservations and latest count here is less than 50. so they seem to be coming from all over

18. divango

divango New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi Everyone!

Since I am a web developer, graphic artist, photographer, techno geek, drive a prius, have a leaf on reservation and live 20 minutes from the Nissan headquarters.. I decided to take the plunge and create my first forum.

I would really appreciate any and all feedback, it is still very much a work in progress...

Nissan Leaf Owners Group and Forum

Thanks!

Attached Files:

19. mwalsh

mwalsh Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Nice job so far! :cheer2:

1 person likes this.
  20. divango

divango New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks mwalsh!! You are my first live member on the site! This will be something to tell the Grandkids:) Thanks for your support!