1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is the World Ready for an Apple iCar?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by jkash, Aug 30, 2007.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is the World Ready for an Apple iCar?

Fresh from a series of conquests, Apple might now be planning to colonize automobiles. According to German financial magazine Capital, Apple CEO Steve Jobs has met with Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn to talk about a car that would showcase Apple's technology and products.

Hans-Gerd Bode, a spokesperson for Volkswagen, said that the meeting took place in California and that lots of ideas were discussed, but noted that the project is still in the early stages. Apple has declined comment, but observers are already calling the new project the iCar.

...ideas as integrating Apple's multitouch interfaces, new approaches to GPS, a more elaborate media experience, and other efforts that could remake a car into what would become, essentially, "a moving living room."

Read more.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Why pick a car maker with such a dismal reputation for quality? I like my iMac and my iPod, but if they want me to buy an iCar it better be 100% electric. Or a PHEV with a 100-mile all-electric range.

3. apolloxbgt

apolloxbgt New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Aug 31 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]504888[/snapback]</div>
    ipods are hardly the pinnical of reliability , I've heard of a lot more ipods dying than vw's.

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wouldn't it be called the Apple Cart? :D