1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a cover for the luggage storage box?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by luckyboy, Feb 26, 2007.

1. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just got my new '07 Prius. I'm sure I'll have tons more questions but in the luggage storage box with the jack handle, tow ring and what not it looks like there could be a rectangular cover over those pieces (there seems to be an indenture for one in the molded plastic tub). Should there be one there or can I purchase one? Couldn't find any mention of it in the manual or doing a forum search, my sales guys claimed there was no such thing. TIA!

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a rubber mat that covers the base of the whole tray from my Toyota dealer. Neatly cut to shape, covers the slots, and nice and non-slip. The only accessory I bought apart from floor mats.

Presumably something similar is available in America.

You can see a (not-very-good) pic here: http://www.toyota-europe.com/cars/new_cars...accessories.asp. Select Interior/Transport & Storage, and it's the "trunk storage box mat".

3. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Feb 26 2007, 09:29 AM) [snapback]396640[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the link, I'll have to look into this at the dealer. Here in the states (at least California) every Prius I found at the dealer had floor/trunk mats included for an additional $200....

4. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm slightly confused. Are you saying that you don't have the floor piece for the back or are you looking for a cargo mat or the pull out cargo cover (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Toyota-Prius-Cargo-Cover-Tan_W0QQitemZ290071364605QQcmdZViewItem) that goes over the area?

The indentions in the compartment under the floor are in fact for the roll up cover, although I have never used it b/c I couldn't do it without taking out the entire floor cover and it was too heavy with all my stuff on it.

My car came with the cargo cover already, and I got the custom cargo mat from WeatherTech. I'm sure there are places to by a new cargo cover other than ebay, that was just the first one that came up and I wanted a picture.

5. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HokieHybrid @ Feb 26 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]396663[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, I do have the cargo cover and the cargo area floor mat. I was talking about inside the storage area under the flap that is a plastic tub covering teh spare tire. In that area were I can see the jack handle, lug wrench, etc. I was wondering about a cover just for that small area in there.

6. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luckyboy @ Feb 26 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]396674[/snapback]</div>

Yeah, I'm still confused too. Isn't the plastic tub covering the spare tire, jack etc? I'm not sure what needs to be covered. The hatch area goes like this (I think):

*Removable carpet/floormat piece is on top of...
    *hatch cover which will lift to expose...
    *plastic tub covers...
    *spare tire and jack.

7. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bohous @ Feb 26 2007, 12:18 PM) [snapback]396713[/snapback]</div>
    So inside the plastic tub or what the manual refers to as the luggage storage compartment (without lifting this out to expose the spare tire and jack) there are located a few tools. I was wondering about a cover for this. I can try to take a pic later tonight but my wife has already claimed the Prius for today...
    found one online
    [​IMG]
    see I am refering to covering those exposed tools you see at the bottom of the luggage storage area.

8. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ah ha, I see. I was thinking those tools were under the tub. There is no cover that I know of. They seem to be significantly covered by the hatch cover, which I have considered removing altogether. Anybody else done this?

9. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the picture, luckyboy, now I know what you mean. The tools are in there pretty firmly, so I wouldn't worry about them coming loose. I have seen pictures of a rubber mat cut to fit that whole area, and I'm sure covering just the tools would be simple enough. I've pulled the 'floor' out on occasion to fit in taller items, but I find the hinged part handy to gain access to the tub without unpacking the stuff on top. It's also possible to squeeze a few things in with the spare tire, if you need to. I'm not looking forward to a flat while carrying a full load of camping gear, not only because I'd have to unpack everything, but because the flat full-size tire obviously isn't going to fit into the space where the spare came from.

10. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I cut a cover out of 1/8" Sintra expanded PVC. It's just about the right thickness. Then I put a non-slip mat (like for tool drawers) over the bottom of the whole box so the stuff in there won't slide around.

11. scrull

scrull Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    1.png Here's a concept of what I might do