1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a Firmware upgrade for Nav?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Chris Harnish, Jul 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chris Harnish

Chris Harnish New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    On my recently purchased 2007 Prius with Nav, the Nav is pretty funky.
    The Map doesn't include a number of addresses, the logic is very funky, so I'm still using my old Garmin suction cupped to the windshield and every time I start in Nav, I have to Agree again to the same old stuff.

Is there a way to let the system know that I'm the sole driver of this Prius and that I agree now and forever more with their cautions??

I'm thinking that in the 9 years since 2007 there have been a lot of advances in the logic used in GPS's, and that a Firmware update could fix it.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! nope. there is a product in the priuschat shoppe that allows you rouse the nav inputs while driving. if you want map updates, it's a couple hundred bucks at the dealership.

might be cheaper to purchase a new h/u.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There were firmware updates in the UK/Europe updates DVD that stopped that nag screen and also turned off the "update while moving lock" feature. Don't know whether that happened in the States.

If you don't use the in-built Nav, you can disable the feature that always returns to the Nav screen by going in to the settings. Sorry the I can't more specific as my current car does not have Nav, but the one I used to have in the UK did, which is how I know these (welcomed) changes were made, as of the 2009 release IIRC.