1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

is there a Stock MFD display custom PID for Torque?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by stephenjo, Dec 31, 2018.

1. stephenjo

stephenjo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey Guys,

just did a stealth install of my old car stereo, sadly BT voice isn't working anymore. sooo this question may have already been asked but is there a custom Torque App PID that displays the Gen 2 Energy Monitor etc, basically replicates the displays of the stock MFD..?

i'm keen to install an Android/OBDII transceiver to replace/enhance the MFD

Cheers

Stephen

2. stephenjo

stephenjo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ok I didnt think that through, I'm guessing its not possible to replicate the stock MFD display and functions with an Android..?

3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It's probably going to have to track/display 2-3 pids simultaneously, but there's other android software that displays multiple gauges simultaneously so that isn't likely to be a problem. Now, finding one that looks like the toyota screen? that might be a challenge.

We gave all that up when we changed stereos and honestly I haven't missed it a bit. Our c lets us display something like it on the upper display, and we eventually turned that off too, now it just has a gas gauge, time and the temperature.

But the car is still circulating the data needed to drive it, I see no reason why the right software couldn't recreate a functional hybrid display for you.

4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Seems theoretically possible to me, but I've never heard of anyone investing the many hours of programming it would take to make a replica on your phone.