1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a story behind your screen name?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack 06, Oct 21, 2005.

1. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Mine started like several others here, namely in that the name that I really wanted on AOL was already taken. Mine stands for LTU airlines, flight 1542, heavy aircraft, and I chose this one basically as an inside joke for a close friend who is very much into civil aviation.

2. finiyon

finiyon Re-Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    "To infinity and beyond." Buzz Lightyear. When my kids said it, it came out "fini yon."

3. Traanya Drinker

Traanya Drinker New Member

Julie Newmar....
    Aaah yes, the most amazing Catwoman ever! My first love, at 7 years old!

Oh, my ID: From a refreshing cocktail served by Opie's little brother Mark Howard on "The Corbomite Maneuver" Star Trek episode, 1966.

4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I looked out the window when I was trying to think of a name and one blew by (a tumbleweed that is), which they have occasion to do around here, so that was it.

The dog is named Willy. His name was Bill when I got him from the pet shelter 3 years ago but I changed it to Willy in honor of a good friend who died several years back.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Ahhh, Google. I briefly became a tumbleweed on the net and thought I would share:

"it isn't native to North America at all, but was brought to this country (unintentionally) by Ukranian farmers. The tumbleweed really is a weed, and its real name is the Russian thistle. Tumbleweeds aren't considered as having any redeeming value except for the fact that they are interesting to watch as they tumble about. [sic, and intrigue Prius drivers]. There are actually people (not many) who harvest tumbleweeds and sell them, and the people that buy them apparently fashion interesting crafts and decorative..." ergo, http://www.prairietumbleweedfarm.com/

Nasa likes tumbleweeds: http://centauri.larc.nasa.gov/tumbleweed/

But my favorite, since I love HalfBakery (only second to PriusChat) is this one: http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Tumbleweed_20Dispenser

(Edited: And Michael Nesmith of the Monkeys does a pretty good cover of the cowboy song "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" on 1971's Nevada Fighter album.)

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, Rancid. Welcome to Club13. I was born on a Friday the 13th, which would explain a lot of things to many people...

Not that this has anything to do with my own screen name, which more or less followed the colour of the Prius I got.

7. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

i like to think my screen name is fairly self explanatory =)

our other group buzz saying is "Geologists make the Bedrock" but it's just plain too long. GeologyRox just works =)

8. RU EXP 2

RU EXP 2 New Member

B) RU EXP 2 is my screen name and Lic. plate on my Prius 05. I'm a hugh Jimi Hendrix fan and that is the name of his first album which also has a song of the same name. Peace Love Happiness Music MJ

9. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

Well, I'm fairly self explanatory - I usually use MN or Mpls in my screen names as I'm a native Minnesotan and then something else. Since I love my brand new Prius there you go! :) Have been enjoying these stories ...

10. polkanoble

polkanoble New Member

Back in "97 I needed an aol screen name, too, so I chose "polkanoble" because I play in or lead several bands that are 'Polka bands" or that play a lot of that type of music.

And I am a Shriner. "Noble of the Mystic Shrine." We are the ones that run the Shriners Childrens Hospitals and Shrine Burn centers. Two of the bands I play in and/or lead are sponsored by our local Shrine temple.

So. PolkaNoble

11. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Thanks!

I've never thanked a Shriner over the years for all they do for children's medical care. I've enjoyed their antics in parades, too, but have not even personally known a Shriner.

Thanks for all that you do. Pass it on.

12. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Life long nickname. My family has a habit of naming people one thing but then calling them something completely different. Actually, like a lot of guy from the south I'm the third Emmett in my family (and the last dammit!). Don't think my parents have ever called me that. When I worked for the man it caused endless confusion in the office. People thought there was and Emmett and a Tripp but never saw "us" together.

13. hv74656

hv74656 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Mine is meant to be put on a custom tag when I get my Prius. The hv stands for hybrid vehicle. The 74656 is from Voyager's registry (star trek) NCC-74656. I didn't choose 1701 because it has already been used and I think that the screen in the Prius looks a lot like the helm screen on the bridge of Voyager.
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.geocities.com/ligerfour/helm.jpg
    It's a crummy picture but it does resemble the mfd on the Prius, and it's to the right of the driver.

14. thundermustard

thundermustard New Member

Back when I tried to log on to Zone to play Total Annihilation (around 1998), I just threw two random words together to find one that was available.
    Can't believe no one had used Thundermustard. :)

15. Spartan

Spartan New Member

Spartan: citizen from the ancient Greek city of Sparta in Peloponnesus. That was my nickname during my army service for 4 years as I was born in a town near Sparta Greece. It continued to be used in my civilian life as friends and family noticed that I have kept some of the military habits. I frequently use as a username on the web. B)