1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a way i can upgrade my navigation system so it have the latest maps?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by bluemoonseller, Nov 9, 2007.

1. bluemoonseller

bluemoonseller Junior Member

Is there a way i can upgrade my navigation system so it have the latest maps? Tryed looking up a 24 hour fitness in my area but didn't show up, i had to manually type in address :(

2. Inches

Inches Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluemoonseller @ Nov 9 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]537588[/snapback]</div>
    As I understand v7.1 DVD is out and retails for about $250 available at the dealer or you can get a TomTom One for around $150 now and their map upgrades are around $50.

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Your 2007 has the most current DVD in it that is available. That will change in a few months, I understand, when the DVD version in the 2008s will be available from Toyota Parts. Ask your dealer when a new version will be available.

4. niharbu

niharbu New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Moderator Note: Downloading these files is probably very illegal and Priuschat assumes no liability for your choice to use this copyrighted information.

I was finally able to do some research on this issue today and did find a solution. The latest issue of maps and data available for Toyota/Lexus/Scion was released in October 2007. The version info is V07.1. Now the way to get the latest update- and this is what I found out from some other website. I am downloading the file right now so PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Will definitely post my reply once I am through with the whole thing. But for the time being PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK (;-0 that's what I am going to do)

You can go to btjunkie.org
    type in the seach field----> Lexus Nav
    Download the Torrent and download the file using any torrent client (Utorrent in my case).

Once you download the whole file (which will take some time as the whole file is about 3.7GB).

1.) unpack the files
    2.) burn or mount the image
    3.) install
    If it asks for password go to step 4. (You will not need this if you are using BTJunkie.org or other torrent to download the file. You will only need the password if you go to filefox.in to download the file.
    4.) password is www.filefox.in (I am copying this off of some other website as mentioned earlier so I have no clue about this password deal- probably you might not even need a password)

The file which I am downloading right now says --->
    Lexus-Toyota-Scion-NAV-Gen-5-v7.1-Data-v5.1-OS-86271-53022.7z

(Please be your own judge to figure out whether this will work for you or not?)--- I have a 2006 Toyota Prius and I think this is the right version for me because when I took the DVD out of the navigation system and checked it it does say V05.1 and I think this is one step ahead. If someone does think otherwise please advise.

Thanks,