1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a way to change compass orientation?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusRos, Mar 21, 2016.

1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Is there a way to change the way the MID compass displays? It is currently set to North up and I want it to show heading up. I thought I saw it display heading up when I first discovered the compass, but now it always displays heading up and I don't know how to change it. Maybe I was imagining things.

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. ATHiker

ATHiker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Touch the little 1/4" circle on the big display screen. The icon will toggle between the perfectly round circle (north always up) and a slightly oval circle (your heading always up) which is 3D mode.

The change to circle shape is made on the big screen maps and everywhere else a compass appears. The difference between oval and round is subtle and not immediately apparent if you are not looking for it.

PriusRos and krmcg like this.
  4. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you ATHiker, that did it. I am getting so confused about what shows on the big navigation screen and what shows on the MID and where to set what!