1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a way to see Traction Battery Charge Level if not in Gear?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by stevepea, Oct 8, 2018.

1. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Is there a way to see the charge level of the traction battery (how many estimated miles left on the current charge -- or even just the picture icon) without having to turn the car "on" AND shift into either Drive or Reverse?

There are times in my garage where I forget how much charge is left, I have a short distance trip coming up, and I just want to see how much charge is left. But unless I'm missing something, one has to not only turn the car "on", but actually shift into either R or D to have the "estimated miles" number pop up on the MFD.

Even turning the car on, is there a way to quickly see either the state-of-charge icon, or the estimated miles figure, without having to shift it into gear inside my garage?

(I have the 7" Plus screen)
    Thanks!

2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If you had the Advanced trim level the Charge Management Prime App would tell you that.

3. triggerhappy007

triggerhappy007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Base
    When it's On without Ready mode, you can see the range (or % if you have it set to that) on the upper left of the MFD, but the screen is really dim if it's in Park. You can also see your range by keep hitting the Trip button on the steering wheel.

#3 triggerhappy007, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    stevepea likes this.
  4. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    So you're saying you get to ON or ACC mode by pressing the Power button without pressing the Brake pedal, thus not going to READY mode?

5. triggerhappy007

triggerhappy007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Base
    Correct. Don't hold the brake and push the start button twice to get to On mode without Ready. I was wrong about Accessory mode, you cannot see the MFD or trip in that mode.

FuelMiser and benagi like this.
  6. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    You're right, the screen does show it, just really dim if not in R or D. That's fine, it's good enough to see if I need to plug it in or not. Thanks!

triggerhappy007 likes this.