1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a way to turn down the volume of menu beeps?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by xzzz, Jul 5, 2019.

1. xzzz

xzzz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I test drove a Prius Prime with the large screen today and really liked it, however the loudness of the menu beeps was annoying me to no end. I don't mind having audible feedback, but it was just so loud. And since you do pretty much everything through the giant touchscreen, there's a lot of beeps. Is there a way to turn down this volume? I had a quick look through the menu screens and couldn't find anything. Of course the sales person was no help (why would you expect a salesman to know anything about the product they're selling?)

2. Stevo12

Stevo12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I’m not sure about the volume of them, but you can turn them off.

3. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    There is a menu setting to disable the beeps. From the Menu button to the right of the display, select general settings and scroll to "Beep", where you can toggle the sound off.

I think this was one of the first settings I changed on the car - the beeps are very loud.

2019-07-06 06.57.25.jpg

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yap, as others said, you can just turn it off. In fact, I have learned not to use the large screen at all for most part. There are a few things you can not do without touching the large screen, but for most essential functions can be operated by wheel switches and MID only.

5. SusanSmith

SusanSmith New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The touchscreen beep was already off when I purchased my Prime. But I used the Carista app to reduce the reverse beeping to a single beep. I also discovered that I could adjust the volume of some beeps (eg parking sensor has 5 volume levels to choose from) and turn some off completely (eg parking sensor when car is in P). Certainly a more pleasant experience now.

benagi likes this.