1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there an EV ratio screen?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by jfschultz, Nov 8, 2019.

1. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    On my 2013 PIP there is an EV ratio screen with two resettable 'trip' meters. Whenever I filled up I would record the mileage, cost, and gallons and reset trip 1. I would then go the EV ratio screen to record the number of EV miles and KwH and then reset it. With this data, I could get both the EV MPGe and the HV MPG.

So, for I have only found some daily and monthly data, but nothing like the EV ration screen on my new 2020 Prime.

Any suggestions?

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Only EV ratio data you find on PRIME is on Drive Monitor shown in MID by toggling the info by wheel button up-down. You can toggle the display for ODO (after reset it is a lifetime value if never reset), TripA, TripB or After Start by switching the "TRIP" button on the left wheel button cluster. However, this EV ratio is for all the EV drive including both EV MODE drive AND EV portion of HV drive, not a strictly EV MODE ratio. So it is not easy to calculate HV MPG using this data alone.

For example the screen shown below is my Drive Monitor after start for this morning for the distance 17.7 miles drives. I did all of this drive under HV for I had no EV range left in my car. It is still showing 63% EV Driving Ratio. That is EV portion of HV MODE I drove today.

ev ratio.png

#2 Salamander_King, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and keep in mind, unlike the pip, prime counts all engine off miles as ev.