1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

is there no cargo cover for 2016 v?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by ltlurker, Jan 1, 2017.

1. ltlurker

ltlurker Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    silly question,

all listings for cargo covers seems to be for 2013, 2012.. is there not a cover for 2016? can't even find it on amazon. are they are the same dims or there simply isn't one?

2. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    For a 2016 Prius v? I have one that came with the car when we bought it new this past June. I have it stored under the cargo space cover in back but if I get a chance I will pull it out tomorrow and take a few photos.

3. ltlurker

ltlurker Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    doesn't look like it's there for me. Have to order a OEM one i guess. does anyone know if it's the standard one from prius and/or earlier versions of the v?

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    2017 Toyota Prius v Interior Specs & Options says the tonneau cover is standard on all levels for 2017. It was in 2012. I doubt 2016 was a change. Ask the dealer for one but also pull up the trunk floor and look and you may see the rolled up tonneau cover there. You have to slide it sideways to remove it. It could also be already installed just behind the rear seats.

Mine rests in the garage and I doubt I've ever used it. The window tint makes it hard to see in there and actually I seldom lock my car when it is just me. Wife makes me do it.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. ltlurker

ltlurker Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    i got mine used (2016). guess the previous owner did you same thing and left it in his/her garage.. want me sell me yours? :)

6. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    FWIW, since you already looked in the under storage area in back, here is how mine is stored. The first photo is how its stored before removing the two removable side flooring panels, the second shows the panels which simply pop out, the last two show the cover installed and extended. I very rarely use our cover but its nice to have in certain situations.

Attached Files:

7. ltlurker

ltlurker Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    yep, def dont have it..

8. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Must be several in the wrecking yards. They become available after the front end is involved in a crash.

With the traction battery being a special handling item (I was reading the instructions for emergency workers the other day on the Toyota we site) I wonder if there aren't wrecking yards that specialize in hybrids.

These guys will look for you 2012 Toyota Prius V Tonneau Cover (OEM Tonneau Cover - Used)

Raytheeagle likes this.
  9. ltlurker

ltlurker Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    looks like this is a fairly specific part... any way to see which junk yards have which cars? I'm getting the windows tinted for now so I can wait.