1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there something to cover the edge on the rear bumper?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeffrimerman, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The previous owner must have dragged things out of the back since the paint is chipped on the corner top edge of the rear bumper. I might just need to use touchup paint and call it a day. If there was anything that was color matched already that can go over the corner that would be awesome. I probably wouldn't use touch up paint and put a clear cover since it won't look too great with the chips.

2. desmondlee

desmondlee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    bumper guards available here at PriusChat Shop - not sure it will help with the upper corners

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They sell a bumper guard here at the PC Shop but its really just the top edge. I carry some HDuty beach towels in the car to cover the bumper if I have something big & sketchy I need to load. I never have put the back seats up since I bought the car. Just me and the wife and my doggie. Day I bought the car new I went to a fabric store and bought a big piece of white muslin and have the entire back of the car covered with this sheet. Washable. It works really good because the back is spotless still under that sheet.

This car can carry anything!

4. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah I know. I got a discussion with a friend of mine and to make him happy we took his 1995 ford camping to see Motogp by Monterey CA and man. Wasted so much gas. 18mpg on the freeway and I could have easily taken all the supplies. I'll search the PC shop.

5. caymandiver75

caymandiver75 Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  6. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Awesome, I ordered the exact same one. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get the black rubber floor mats for the driver and passenger sides. I think it might look cool. Too bad there wasn't a black rubber thing to attach where the carpet wears out on the driver side. That's the only carpet that really wears out but you have to be a whole set.