1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this a 'Real Breakthrough' or not???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by rohlrogge, Jan 29, 2008.

1. rohlrogge

rohlrogge Rich

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I did a search to see if this company has been previously discussed but did not find any reference to it. This is the company...
    Genesys, LLC was formed to license, develop and commercialize the RET (Radiant Energy Transfer) technology of converting water to hydrogen. ​

... and here is the link to some videos describing the patented technology they are representing.I have never heard of this technology and was curious if anyone else has??

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes, this is real. It's not really a breakthrough, but good engineering aimed at increasing the efficiency of hydrogen generation from water. You still need to start with more energy than you get back, but the transfer rate is higher than other methods of splitting water into oxygen and hydrogen, and it will work with any primary energy source.

Tom

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yes breaking water into hydrogen & oxygen through electrolysis requires too much energy, that's why almost all commercial Hydrogen that is avail for purchase is obtained from natural gas.

besides, the earth may be 2/3's water, but fresh drinking water is actually a very limited resource, so using fresh water to power cars is as stupid an idea as using corn.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Note that this process will work with salt water or waste water.

Tom