1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this going overboard?

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by burritos, Jun 27, 2006.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think reading our posts tells a lot about us. And what we do has less to do with our own time and our own lives and more to do with the lives of our children.

2. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jun 28 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]278228[/snapback]</div>

Some of us don't even have children but still take our time to help preserve whatever resources remain. Our situation would be even more disastrous if every person thought it too timely to make an effort to contribute to conservation.

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tigerops @ Jun 28 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]278223[/snapback]</div>
    In a typical 168hr week. 45 is spent at my work(plus commuting). 49 is spent sleeping. 65 hrs is spent with my family doing family stuff. 6 is spent mountain biking(cut in half since my kid came along). 2 hours is spent gardening(including composting). 1 hour is spent with my OCD which is my self grey water reclamation project(and my recycling and combating junk mail war).

That 1 hour dealing with my personal OCD is therapeutic, and it would take longer to go to a physician and a pharmacy to fill prozac which is what many with OCD do.

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Living a life where you do little harm to your enviroment can hardly be termed a waste of time.

I admire those that go the extra mile. If only we could all be so aware of our effect on others.

5. Tigerops

Tigerops New Member

I just mentioned the time thing because I work full time (in the military at that too) and go to school full time, am newly married (less than 1 year) and have so many random things going on like taking care of our bunny (name changed from Ninja to Snoopy) that I don't have time to do things mentioned on here. Even if I did have the time, I would forget what I was supposed to do. I don't, in any way, disapprove of those who have the time and have worked it into their lives. I'm sure someday (I pray) I'll have the time. :)

6. tanteb & rgrpick

tanteb & rgrpick New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tigerops @ Jun 29 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]278674[/snapback]</div>
    No fear, you'll be able to find the time. :) Start small, celebrate each little change you can make...hey, just reading this forum is a major plus.
    My hubby started composting, collecting and hauling rainwater and some greywater, and doing companion gardening, after coming down here to the 3rd Ranger Bn. He continued through years when he was full time military, working on teaching certification, and towards a Masters as well.

7. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I recycle old jokes...This guy walks into a bar. 'Ouch, that hurt,' he says.

Okay, so they are bad old jokes as well.

8. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tigerops @ Jun 29 2006, 10:43 AM) [snapback]278674[/snapback]</div>
    I'm curious now.... do you have time to read Prius Chat? Post here? Do you have time to watch TV? It all comes down to priorities. Turns out that we ALL have the same amount of time each day. Conservation isn't something that takes more of my time. It is quite simply my way of life. Instead of throwing bottles in the trash, I recycle them. Instead of burning gas to drive, I use an EV. Takes no more of my time.