1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this the end?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by speedyroo, May 25, 2012.

1. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    ^^ Agreed about the dealership thing. My friend took his v in for the recall, and just noticed a scratch along the front driver quarter panel area. Dealership is fixing it free, even though neither was certain it happened when the car was with them. I'm starting to like this particular dealer more and more.

2. speedyroo

speedyroo RIP 2006 Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Oh I did thank them both. I left reviews for them on yelp, google, and dealerreviews.com (or some website like that). I also went up and thanked them personally. I am trying to find something in the paperwork that says what the warranty on the new battery is and I can't find anything, but I'm guessing the 2nd hybrid battery is good for another 100k? Should I request paperwork on this?

The dealership didn't know this, but I work for an initiative between Audubon and Toyota called "TogetherGreen." I was a Toyota fan before I worked for Together Green, but now I'm even more of a fan!

3. Seymour

Seymour New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi Friends !!!!! Anyway for the last month or so I would noticed when I start the Prius up that I would go about 300 yards and the hybrid battery would go down to one bar. It kinda freaked me out but then a little further it'd be back to normal and for the rest of the day that I drive it, it's fine.

4. Seymour

Seymour New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Dear Friend Could you explain that which thing are going to the end. Is it World, Business, Facebook Or any thing. If you specified then may I give you a proposal or suggestion.

5. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi Seymour. Try starting the Prius, leaving it in "P" and tapping the gas pedal to make the engine start, then let it warm up for only 40 to 50 seconds before you drive off. It makes a big difference and it will greatly reduce the loss of battery charge in the first few minutes of driving.

6. cthindi

cthindi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good that OP got the traction battery replaced from Toyota.
    But would that not have been covered under Hybrid system warranty? I believe NJ is a CARB state. So the warranty should be good for 150000 Mi.

7. speedyroo

speedyroo RIP 2006 Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What's a CARB state?

8. speedyroo

speedyroo RIP 2006 Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's what mine was doing......I'd suggest what people on here are saying and change the 12v and see if it helps. Ultimately both of my batteries needed replacing tho.

9. cthindi

cthindi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    CARB - california air resources board.

States that follow California emission standards are often known as CARB states. I believe to qualify for AT-PZEV (Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle) standards 150000Mi warranty is required on certain parts which include traction battery in case of Prius.

10. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It matters when they adopted CARB rules.
    Zero-Emission Vehicle Regulations Get Tougher for 2012 - Feature - Car and Driver

If New Jersey did not adopt CARB rules until 2008, then they do not apply to a 2006. But telling that to a customer one mile over may not be wise. So they did the right thing.

11. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New Jersey adopted CARB emissions standards in 2004: http://www.nj.gov/dep/cleanvehicles/LEV.pdf

So for those in Joisey who owned 2004-or-later Prii, the battery warranty should be 150k mi / 10 yrs. Hope this helps!

cwerdna likes this.
  12. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OP should check their own warranty booklet to confirm that NJ is included for their model year for the 10 year/150K mile HV battery warranty.

The replacement HV battery should only have either the remainder of the warranty the part had (if they do in fact have the 10 year/150K mile HV battery, it's whenever that runs out OR a 1 year warranty, unclear about the mileage). See Buying a new battery | PriusChat about the latter.

13. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Not if you read what you posted:
    So a 2009 Prius has the longer warranty, but not 2006.

14. cthindi

cthindi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good Discussion. But it is more useful for others who may have a battery failure. OP did get traction battery replaced without any charge.

15. speedyroo

speedyroo RIP 2006 Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well when I purchased the Prius (new) in 2006 I purchased it in NY State in Buffalo. And I was told it was good for 10 years or 100k. I moved to NJ a little over a year ago.