1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this true??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by r4bbit82, May 25, 2009.

1. r4bbit82

r4bbit82 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just received an email from a salesman from a dealership in my area...here it is:

"Good Morning,
    Mr. Fontaine, my manager has told me that every Toyota dealer will get 1 2010 Pruis in late June as like a promo, the regular shipment won't come until august/September. At which time there will be no rebate, and the price will be about 5,000.00 - 8,000.00 more than the 2009. I can understand if you prefer to wait until then, my personal opinion would be that the 2009 would be your best deal. If there is any other questions that i may be able to answer for you just let me know. Thank You,"

I'm a little confused because everybody said it will be expected to deliver in June??

I wanted to make sure if it's true because if it is then I will go ahead and get the 2009 with the rebate since I can't wait til August!

BTW...I'm from Houston, TX

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's BS--he clearly trying to convince you to buy now what he has in stock now.

3. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't speak for your region, but most of what he wrote is garbage. First off, MANY people have taken delivery of their 2010 already. Currently, I have over 12 2010's coming in before June 20th. Most are sold, but I do have a few available. The price is not even close to that big of a difference. A base 09 Prius #2 is about $23,000 after discount, not including a rebate. A comparable 2010 base Prius is about $23,000. If you talk loaded 09 to loaded 10, then it is about a 5-7k difference. But those are two entirely different cars. 2010 has a gazillion things more as far as equipment goes.

3 people like this.
  4. PriusCrazy

PriusCrazy Blizzard Pearl for Me

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You may want to consider another dealer. I think the 2010's are already starting to roll into Texas.

5. r4bbit82

r4bbit82 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks very much for the info!! I kinda knew that something isn't right after researching for Prius. I'm already making calls to different dealerships!

6. patflanagan

patflanagan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey Jabber.

Is there a way to no what allocation Chicagoland dealers have received without making phone calls.

7. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes Pat, there might be a way *wink wink* See my signature, I'll be next to the phone in 10 minutes.

8. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    It's untrue for my region.
    It's hard to determine what other areas of the country and planning or doing, but we have 23 of the 2010 Prius slated to arrive in the next 10-20 days.

That statement kinda reminds me of what people present on ebay in their item descriptions when their assessment of the item isn't verifiable:
    "I am told this is a 17th century crock..." so it absolves them of any responsibility if it's a mis-statement.

And, that statement by his manager is a 21st century CROCK....

Dianne

1 person likes this.
  9. mirak

mirak New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I went by a dealership the other day to look at a 2010. He told me they did not plan to sell any 2010s off the lot, ever. Special order only (and at MSRP, how convenient!) Told me it was the same for the Gen IIs (despite the fact that I've seen plenty of Prii sitting on that very lot before, and there are still some left).

Another guy told me he "was pretty sure" the 2010 was eligible for 0% APR or $1000 rebate.

This is why I hate dealers. They misinform and flat-out lie with impunity.

I was also told the car I was looking at was already sold, but that the purchaser couldn't take possession until June 1 because "they weren't allowed to sell it earlier." So, the car is conveniently available for people to check out and test drive in the interim. I hope whomever bought the car got a good deal (wanna bet they paid at least MSRP?) They're going to take possession of a dealer demo with several hundred miles on the OD.

10. Zaxcom

Zaxcom Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah I had a dealer here also tell me that they would not arrive until september. Called another dealer and he said I could have one next week. Guess who I went with.

11. sluday

sluday New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He obviously thinks you're a fool. Let him know that you are a member on Priuschat and have talked with people and dealers who have already 2010's.

12. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    They will have their initial cars a lot sooner than that, possibly as soon as this week. For the real skinny from a GST rep (with my commentary), see this post:

http://priuschat.com/forums/2010-toyota-prius/61955-texas-has-cars-port.html#post855391

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Call the sales manager and tell him that if this e-mail is true, you'll have to go with a Honda Insight or possibly a Jetta TDI. Then follow-up with a letter with a copy of the e-mail. <GRINS>

In the meanwhile, start hanging out in Ebay and looking for 2010 Prius. <wink>

Bob Wilson

14. Texas911

Texas911 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Typical Houston salesman. I blame it on GST. Crooks from top to bottom.

15. Mr. Nelsby

Mr. Nelsby New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You should tell the original dealer and see how he reacts.

16. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes ignore that bozo and look for another dealership.

1 person likes this.
  17. r4bbit82

r4bbit82 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah I'm planning to email that guy saying that I've already found another dealership that is willing to work with me for 2010 prius and how I won't be fooled! I called Fred Haas and they're def willing to work with me. Also Champion as well. Both dealership are nice and friendly. I can't wait to get one! Actually it will be for my wife who will drive most of the time and she has always wanted one since Prius first came out.

18. CharlesJ

CharlesJ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Write back to that dealer and tell him that people are already taking ownership of the 2010 and the price is less than what he stipulated.:D

19. Crazyhorse6901

Crazyhorse6901 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :ranger:That's BS you will have the ability to purchase a 2010 right now if you wish...The hunt is on, good luck!!!:cool: By the way he was probably trying to exhaust his 2009 Prius inventory that he has on hand.

20. alohabailey

alohabailey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It is very frustrating. I think the NY dealers are very cocky and when you walk into the dealer, they basically tell you there is no negotiating. The MSRP is it. I am very close to giving up.