1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Toyota Nav DVD 7.1 available yet for Purchase?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dfine1966, Oct 15, 2007.

1. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I have a 2007 PKG 5 Prius with Navigation. It came with the 6.1 disk. I want to be able to purchase the new 7.1 update DVD. My Toyota doesn't seem to have it yet, and they are quoting some ridiculously high price when then get it ,$1000. I live in the Northeast, USA in Connecticut. I know for a fact they run between 250 and 300. But the 1000 the say is for version 6.1.

Does anyone know of any dealers in Connecticut that have the 7.1 Update disk for Gen 5. I really don't care which dealer, unless they are going to try to charge 1000 for it.

Also, can anyone confirm the price of the update disk in the USA.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    $1,000? yeah right lol. That's the cost of the nav system itself (depending on which Toyota)

Lexus is $250 so Toyota might charge a bit less than that.

No idea but they are shipping with some 2008s.

3. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    That's what I tried to tell them, that the 1000 was for the entire system, not just the DVD update. I even told them it should be between 200 and 300. The are actually clueless at the dealership, they have no idea about anything electronic. I was the first one to point out that you could get Sirius factory installed for the 2007 Prius. I knew more about the Navigation and Sirius than their electronics expert, who ended up being fired for screwing up too many cars.

Is the Lexus one the same as the Toyota version. I just want to get the new version. I know in the new version they finally fixed the area where I live. That is one of the reasons I want 7.1. Is there a place to order online, or should I just start calling local Toyota or Lexus dealers?

4. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I just got off the phone with Toyota. I talked to a very nice representative who hooked me up with technical support gentleman. I was told the upgrade DVD will be available at the end of October. The dealership should have them by the end of the month. They said they didn't have a price yet, but it should be between 200 and 300. The dealership still is in charge on how much to charge. Each dealer is different.

So I guess I will just have to wait a few weeks.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ouch.... I always hate the "dealer can charge whatever they want" line. I mean, they do sell it to the dealers at a certain price so come on, give us a break. I'm not saying the dealer's shouldn't make a profit. I don't mind that they do. It keeps them happy.

The Lexus one will have the "LEXUS" welcome screen that I know for sure. I don't know if their DVD reader is any different or if the disc is different. Just note that the Gen 5 is slightly different between Toyota and Lexus models with Lexus models getting the sleeker looking one of course.

6. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Now that it is available, does anyone know how to order the 7.1 DVD update from dealer? I also saw that someone on this site named Metro, sells Toyota and Prius parts, and is offering selling the 7.1 DVD upgrade. I have no idea if he is legitimate or not, no offense. It sounds like he is, but does anyone know if he is authorized to sell Toyota parts? Has anyone bought from him before. I know I probably should ask him myself, or at least contact him to see if he is an authorized seller. His prices seem reasonable. I am just trying to be careful, but like everyone else, I want to get the best deal I can, just like we all tried to do when we bought our Prius. But also make sure we are getting what we pay for and not a copy. I am trying to read about Metro, and he seems to have been selling parts for a while now. If anyone has any comments, that would be appreciated. Thanks again

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dfine1966 @ Nov 2 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]534149[/snapback]</div>
    Metro is Jesse Wright, the internet parts sales manager of a Metro Toyota, a Cleveland dealership and a PriusChat sponsor:

Metro Toyota
    13775 Brookpark Road
    Cleveland, OH 44142
    Phone: 216-267-7000
    Toll Free: 1-877-885-2900
    Fax: 216-267-8343
    E-mail: [email protected]
    http://www.metrotpn.com/

8. Byhre

Byhre New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is toooo expensive just for a 7.1 Update disk, you can also find it online, I think, as what you said, 200 to 300 around will be reasonable for it, meanwhile, the reasonable price for a toyota car DVD player normal that would cost from US$300-US$1000 at a difference grade, definitely for branded one that would cost much more.

9. Auto Engineer

Auto Engineer Enthusiast, Engineer, Mechanic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Byhre,
    This thread is over 3 years old (11/2007). It's often good to check out the dates of previous postings when you find a thread by searching.

The navigation DVDs are up to version 10.1 now and you shouldn't spend more than $200 from the dealer. They can be purchased from a dealer for as low as $150. Current and older DVDs are also available on EBay. You must make sure that you purchase a DVD that fits the correct generation of your navigation system (such as Gen 4, Gen 5, or Gen 6).