1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is your door armrest padding squished flat?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by liquidtenmillion, Aug 21, 2017.

1. shrek

shrek New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is the part i hate about Toyota. Thats why they are only number 8 in customer satisfaction.
    I had an issue with the Toyota dealership in greenville telling them about a rattle on a speaker grill.
    Tec. said that they did not hear it so nothing they can do. I even showed them how to recreate it.
    This is simply a bad review to me.

This is where kia is a lot better.

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure - in the 3 years I had my KIA, nothing went wrong. [In the first yr, the PRIUS has had 1 Multi-Malfunction, 2 warranty claims and a recall - but they were all fixed.]

Prodigyplace likes this.
  3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The service experience depends solely on the dealer. The dealer makes most of their money off service. Since hybrids require less service it is to their possible benefit to provide a bad service experience for hybrid owners.
    That is one reason Tesla avoids the dealer concept.

RCO likes this.
  4. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    My 2016 Three has cloth interior, but the armrests are covered with softex. Yes, the padding is very thin, but I never rest my arm down there... I'm too tall and the armrest is too low. Have you considered just making your own pad to place on the armrest? You're not really going to buy a new armrest every 3 months, are you? :LOL:

The center console top/armrest is very hard too. A cheapskate like me just places a folded-up hand towel on top of it.

RCO likes this.