1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is your gas price going up by leaps and bounds?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by daronspicher, May 15, 2007.

1. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    $2.93 at Bp and Quicktrip a few minutes ago. Atlanta

I did not buy any.

2. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

3. jewelerdave

jewelerdave New Member

$3.20 to $3.25 in northern Colorado.

I wonder what people are going to do when the prices hit $4 then $6, then shoot past 7 8 9 and hang out in the $10 to $13 area

Do you think people will change at all? or will it be time to take a 2nd mortgage out to buy gas and then pay %10 interest on borrowed money for the right to drive?

4. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <--- Prius owner = dosent care much about gas prices anymore.

If it goes above $4, i'll be gettin a sweet security system. Thats about all I can say for now.

5. wayne60014

wayne60014 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I live in Redmond WA, 15 mile North of Seattle and its at $3.44 a gallon. Its getting out of hand and its not summer yet!! I am glad I got my Prius. :p

Wayne

6. Duffer

Duffer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I picked up 2007 Prius Jan 2nd and since then the whole gas price thing bothers me but, when I think about it, I'm getting better mpg than I get on my BMW 1150GS! I hate to see what it does to working class folks, they always seem to show the rich posers on TV who says "I don't care how much it costs to fill up" You know the type, Hummer all decked out with off-road goodies that has never been off-road, even in his own yard. I'd like to see the same poser when the toilet paper and food runs out! I hope his bratty kids send him off to build seawalls in his retirement years.

7. Trendy2

Trendy2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I paid $3.49 yesterday after work in West Chicago. Saw $3.29 later that evening out by me in Plano at BP. So glad we got a Prius, already feeling relief at the pumps in just the few weeks we've had it.
    We just got a memo this morning at work that our cafeteria is raising menu prices because "significant petroleum price increases have directly affected food, supply and transportation costs which can no longer simply be absorbed"

8. jesart

jesart Junior Member

Gas is so expensive out here in SOCAL. I just filled up yesterday at $3.50 Reg. I would probably start to worry when gas prices hit the $5 mark. I think I might get LoJack when gas prices hit the $4-5 dollar mark. Does anyone know if Hybrids are being stolen more often as gas prices go up? I know its tough to steal a Prius, but when it comes to Car-jacking and a gun is pointed at you, I know my life is worth more than any car.

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jesart @ May 17 2007, 07:37 AM) [snapback]444129[/snapback]</div>
    that info was posted on another thread where someone got his Prius stripped. the Prius rated a "13" on a scale where average is "100" that was by far the lowest rating of any car that i saw and i scanned several car categories

10. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    People won't steal your Prius because of its gas mileage. It's nearly impossible to sell a stolen vehicle whole. Theft rate will go up only if demand increases for black market parts.