1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is yours a dust-catcher like mine?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DeanFL, Sep 17, 2009.

1. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Denise I agree - the 'dust' does appear more like mini-fibers.

But still a mystery. I typically wear a Tshirt and shorts in the car - not too fiberous I'd guess. I have leather, and the rubber floor mats. The mouse fur appears to be ultra-short. Perhaps a chemical analysis of this dashtop residue. Better not be asbestos. cough....

2. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In short, it sure is! I just used armor-all wipes and leather conditioning meguire wipes. It's the first time I cleaned the car though. I think I will do that twice a year, and in the middle I'll just take a clean micro-fiber cloth and give things a dusting with that. I think that will keep it in tip-top shape. :)

3. JRitt

JRitt Bio-Medical Equip. Tech

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have never owned a car that so many people wanted to "check it out" so I've become really aware of how it looks. I have to dust off the dash every couple of days. I think its the design on the plactic that causes it to catch and hold the dust.

4. RoyThePriusGuy

RoyThePriusGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Agree. It's very irritating for me as well. I hope as the car ages a bit, the problem lessens.