1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Isle of Dogs

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, May 2, 2018.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I throughly enjoyed and know my wife Holly will too: Isle of Dogs (film) - Wikipedia

[​IMG]

I spent a year on Okinawa Japan where I decided to see if I could do college level work. English was always my worst subject so I took two semesters of Japanese, a B and C. Of course I practiced my Japanese at the local bars and restaurants only to discover Japanese did not improve my social life. Then one of my fellow Marines gave me a clue.

The local B-girls had learned that the only GIs who spoke Japanese had picked it up from their Japanese girl friend only I was there solo, "butterfly." So I brought my books as we were working on writing, hiragana, katakana, and kanji. That didn't work either but at least they started calling me sensei. Regardless, that was enough so the rest of my time in the Marine Corps I took courses at the nearest colleges.

Isle of Dogs reminded me of the Marines, Soldiers, and Airmen stationed on Okinawa.

Bob Wilson

#1 bwilson4web, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  2. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Great movie!