1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Isn't the biggest cause of divorce marriage?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Jul 26, 2006.

1. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jul 27 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]293168[/snapback]</div>
    Squid, this utterly fails to fool anyone while it simultaneously makes you look childlishly foolish.

Now I realize there are many on this post who would claim that is your deliberate and explicit intent, and there's a lot of evidence favoring such a conclusion, but I think you're worth the benefit of the doubt.

Squelch your childish impulse to retreat in pique and instead have the courage of your convictions: bury your rhetorical adversary with the unassailable logic, impeccable insight, fresh perspective, all of which, if one takes you at your word, you possess in abundance.

Above all don't neglect your audience - we expect a grand show, not the limp impotence of a doused fuse!

On another matter entirely, by the way, get your hiney down to Key West and get up in the Waco biplane tour (if it's still operating). Nothing beats open cockpit flying in balmy weather. If the front pit still has a stick and rudder pedals, pay 'em $300 or whatever they want for a full hour & let you fly the airplane. It'll be one date you'll never regret the outlay for!

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jul 27 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]293456[/snapback]</div>
    Something like this?

[attachmentid=4275]

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Jul 27 2006, 09:53 PM) [snapback]293572[/snapback]</div>
    Why?

Seriously? I openly admit I have little interest in such topics other than a cursory 'slash and burn' shoot-from-the-hip approach. When there's an issue I have interest in, you'll know it, aside from that, if I actually had to research and "properly" debate topics, 1. that would take time and effort (and I am a VERY lazy individual with little or no motivation for such :lol: ), 2. What fun would that be? In the end, I'd just be another monotonous, bland, exchange of viewpoints, and 3. on TOP of that most people are either, to put it bluntly, too dumb, not-interested, completely adverse and hostile, to any counter-belief/idea/concept. So I guess what it boils down to is:

McNeil and Lehrer Newshour, or Howard Stern? :D

...besides, I can expose stuff... :ph34r:

Funny you should mention this... Just today I was checking around online for maybe some obscure nice person airport where I can get cheap flight time... Seems to be some shop out of Plant City offering an hour of wet instruction in a 152 for $100... best I've found so far...

As for biplanes, I sort of did that last year at this place:

http://www.fantasyofflight.com/

Although I didn't get the stick... Thanks for the tip on that one, I WILL check that out! :)

I go to that place a lot though, just to be around the planes, and I know this sounds bad, but just to be near them, able to touch them, and smell them... Here's my favorite plane:

Connie... :wub:

[​IMG]

*sigh* I wish I was born in the early 20th century... Would have loved to have been part of the "golden" age of aviation... :( No technology BS, just a stick, two pedals, and some levers.... :( Whole lotta noise, vibration, pollution, and never really knowing if you'd make it back where every landing was truly a cause for celebration... THAT was flying... :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 27 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]293606[/snapback]</div>

:lol: :lol:

SPECTACULAR!!!!!

You're on my "good" list now!

4. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

Squid, DH runs an avionics shop over here on the east cost - if you're ever over on our side of the world, give me a holler and he can give you a tour. They get some obscenely cool planes there from time to time, and obscenely expensive planes there all the time.

Back on the topic... I still don't get it! If a constitutional amendment declaring marriage to be between a man and a woman would be valid protection of marriage, shouldn't wording declaring it to be between two competant adults be equally valid? Arguments involving anything but a pair of consenting adults are baseless, obviously emotional, and I hate seeing otherwise smart individuals being so dumb. Why would one wording make you happy, but the other would lead to us getting invites to the Squid-Bessie wedding?

5. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geologyrox @ Jul 28 2006, 05:04 AM) [snapback]293738[/snapback]</div>
    Heckfire, whatever it takes...I REALLY want to be on the invite for THAT party! [​IMG] (oh yeah...and my little dog, too! :lol: )