1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ISO Air Vents for 2005 Prius (Base)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by skittle021, Apr 14, 2021.

1. skittle021

skittle021 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I took out my air vents today to repair my touchscreen and all three of the air vents broke - so I'm in the market for a new used set. Does anyone have a complete set of air vents they'd be willing to part with? So long as they are not completely trashed, I don't really care what color they are. All of the ones I find on eBay are in bad shape and cost nearly $200 for a complete set.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Start calling around to wrecking yards, or glue or melt your broken clips on existing ones back into place...

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Choices are: $$$ for new, $$ for ebay (because they know what new ones go for), $ for a pick your part recycling yard, or patch yours back together.
    Since new vents and a tailgate trim panel list for more than I paid for my 2006, I patched mine. I scuffed the inside of the vent pieces, then used a soldering gun to melt / embed a piece of metal window screen as reinforcement. Then generous application of hot glue. It's a 15 year old car- ain't bothered much by a cracked bit of plastic here or there.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.