1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Israel Bombs 4 Story Residential Building

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jul 30, 2006.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]296741[/snapback]</div>
    So far nothing on CNN.com to corroborate that. CNN is pretty prompt in updating its website, so your information is obviously another lie from Hezbollah's propaganda war.

Parse it as you wish. Here is the take from another site:

Dare I say that there is a double standard when it comes to judging Jews and Israel? The same people who call Sharon a war criminal regard Yasser Arafat as a hero.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]296741[/snapback]</div>
    Why did you leave out the preceding and following paragraphs, which would have put the one you chose in context?

3. vtie

vtie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ Aug 3 2006, 03:29 AM) [snapback]296705[/snapback]</div>
    I think you showed your true colors. This is blatant, stinking racism. Congratulations, you brought this thread to yet a new, lower level.

You are unable to make the distinction between an extremist minority and a population in general. Let me tell you something: 95% of the Arabs just want a peaceful place to raise their children. They are not the devil. They share the dreams of virtually everybody on this planet: a house with a garden, a car, a TV set, perhaps a little vacation now and then. They are not morally inferior nor superior to the majority of the population in, say, Michigan.
    Many of them have been misleaded by years of propaganda and biased news. They have no opportunity obtain news in an objective way. They have heard for many years that Israel is "bad", and they they see Israel bombing their cities. They have no opportunity to develop an educated opinion on how it all started.

Even after all those years of propaganda, if you organise a referendum in Palestina about whether or not Israel should be recognised as a sovereign country, you would get an clear "yes". They just want peace like anybody else. Yes, they voted for Hamas. Why? Because the previous government was totally corrupt and self-serving, and Hamas is very clever: they do social work to make themselves more popular.

The only real roadmap to piece in this area is make the distinction between those 95% mainstream Arabs, and the 5% or even much less extremists. Inform, and give an attractive future to the first group, and isolate and weaken the latter group. If necessary, with targeted military actions indeed. But the silliest thing to do is to antagonise a whole demographic part of the world. That is the road to hell. I'm glad to see that Israel and the U.S. realise this and try to act upon it (with mixed succes)

4. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 2 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]296770[/snapback]</div>
    I will find out more information about this as soon as I can.

Likewise.

IsrAmeriPri,
    I stand for truth, justice, and equality. I am well aware that both sides fight a propaganda/minshare war. What I have often seen is that there is a distinct disgregard for Palestinians... it seems that some... much more commonly in the US than elsewhere, that the Palestinians are dogs... no better than mangre or vermin. This is digusting hate, and if anyone spoke of Israelis in such a way they are condemned as anti-Semites, haters of humanity, and pigs of civilization. (IE, if you took daron's and others' quotes and replaced Palestinian with Israeli)

------
    Sharon, and Israeli forces there were clearly responsible for the massacre. Yes, it is very obvious that the Christian militiamen did the killing... but the Israelis surrounding the camp were their partners in crime. I have access to a book about it, replete with horrific pictures. I have information straight from the horse's mouth... a relative of my Lebanese Christian friend... who was in the refugee camp (A COMPLETE INNOCENT). Apparently, most of the people in the camp were women and children!!!! Most of the men were not there!!!! More details on this later!!!!! It was late last night when I was talking to my Lebanese friend, and I dozed off a few times while they were discussing the parts of Syria's role in the conflict, and the details of how the whole thing was coming about. For example, the Phalangists were angered over the killing of their leader (something like that), and wanted bloody revenge on anyone... and while it is the direct responsilbity of the Israelis there, they KNEW what was happening... thus it was just as much as their DISGUSTING FAULT. This is completely undeniable, and you should know that!

Note that you left out the previous paragraph to the preceding paragraph you refer to:

Here's a rather disturbing fact... there was no power in the camp... the Israelis lit up the night so the Phalangists could see better. They knew what was going on, and they made sure that the Phalangists could do what they wanted to do.

This relative was able to walk out on the last day, because the US was finally able to pressure Israel to stop the genocide (and note the Phalangists went on past their designated stop time).

And you call Sharon's resignation justice?!

--------------------
    Wildkow,

Know that your empty threats and shame tactics have absolutely no effect on me. I am, and will continue to be... completely unfazed by your moral chest-thumping. Only I know what I stand for, and I will not be hounded by the likes of you. Try and intimidate me as much as you want... you will fail. Intimidation tells me someone is out of arguments and doesn't want to actually address the debate ;).

5. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 3 2006, 07:55 AM) [snapback]296945[/snapback]</div>
    NO, I DID NOT LEAVE IT OUT.

Your reading comprehension must be challenged.

Go back and read my entire post. Unlike some, I do not pick and post out of context.

6. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Heh, sorry about that :).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 3 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]296973[/snapback]</div>

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 3 2006, 10:55 AM) [snapback]296945[/snapback]</div>
    +1000

I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for this (like that's ever stopped me... :lol: ), but a somewhat indirect consequence of the holocaust, is that it has created a *shield*, so to speak... To put it bluntly, it's "trickier" to speak out against Israel/the Jewish community, at least for a few more generations. As we've all seen, it's all too easy to get pegged as anti-semitic.

With respect to the Palestinians, yeah, they sure are pegged by the Israeli's and others as no better than mangre or vermin. Let's just face it, both sides think the other are inhuman scum.

On that note, I wonder what IsrAmeri would do if a situation arose where he would have to defend a Palestinian in a courtroom... :lol:

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 3 2006, 12:01 PM) [snapback]296987[/snapback]</div>
    It is not difficult at all - look at all of you on this very small BB. Look at france, germany, bbc, cnn, ny times, etc, etc, etc. no shortage of anti - Israel diatribe, views, speech, etc.

Did you find it "tricky"?

Palestinians in Israel actually have rights - they have won numerous cases including placement issues of the separation wall - most of the time they want to be on the Israeli side -- ever wonder why?

9. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 3 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]296992[/snapback]</div>
    Because the Israelis don't bomb their own side of the wall!

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Seriously tho, it's fairly well known that discrimination is alive and well in Israel. If you're not of Eastern European origin, you're somewhere below the top of the pyramid. And does Israel still not recognize a marriage between Jew and a non-jew?

10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Aug 3 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]296997[/snapback]</div>
    When did Israel last bomb Lebanon prior to three weeks ago?

BTW - what wall?

Dont mix up secular and non-secular issues - easy to do - especially if you are looking for a target to attack.

You care to comment on the level of discrimination in Israel vs. that found in the PA? How many Arabs live in Israel? That is the easy question. How many Jews/Israeli's live in the PA? That is the tough one. And ready... Can you then determine and contrast the levels of discrimination between the two societies??

11. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 3 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]297012[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know if a <insert country's majority religion here> can marry a non-<insert country's majority religion here> in the PA administered territories and have it be considered a legal marriage. I know that doesn't fly in some other countries, such as Saudi Arabia, so Israel is in FINE company, don't ya think?

12. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Aug 3 2006, 02:23 PM) [snapback]297098[/snapback]</div>
    You are actually wrong on the marriage thing in Israel.

But now focus on my questions above.... waiting for your answers - or do answers to those questions make you realize the follies of your thoughts? Go ahead. I await your answers...

13. vtie

vtie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 3 2006, 06:10 PM) [snapback]296992[/snapback]</div>
    Don't confuse anti-Israel with anti-Semitic. These are two totally different things. And, before you start again: I'm not anti-Israel myself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 3 2006, 06:10 PM) [snapback]296992[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, the wall. Interestingly, you brought up one of the few things Israel should really be ashamed of. And the answer is easy: because the other side is economically unlivable.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 3 2006, 06:37 PM) [snapback]297012[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting point indeed. With the current difference in birth rates, in two generations, Israel will have an Arab majority. That's the biggest threat to Israel. All the rest is peanuts.

14. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 3 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]297102[/snapback]</div>
    Prove it?

15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vtie @ Aug 3 2006, 04:01 AM) [snapback]296836[/snapback]</div>
    How long have you been at high altitude :D

You are all over the map.

How do you distinguish from what you refer to as the 5% from the 95%?
    How do you let yourself get mislead to the point of having your children be turned into homocide bombers?
    No opportunity to develop and educated opinion on how it all started? Wow - please explain?
    And you are wrong on your referendum #'s by a lot and in the wrong direction. Please show me the poll you are citing.
    Hamas not corrupt? They voted for them for social reasons?? What social work do they do that you are aware of and how much money do they spend on that.... and how much do they spend on taking up arms against Israel?

And you totally misread the post you are commenting on.

16. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 3 2006, 09:01 AM) [snapback]296987[/snapback]</div>
    Been there, done that, with excellent results I may humbly add.

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Aug 3 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]297115[/snapback]</div>
    Israeli law recognizes the "religious communities" as carried over from those recognized under the British Mandate. These are: Eastern Orthodox, Latin (Roman Catholic), Gregorian-Armenian, Armenian-Catholic, Syrian (Catholic), Chaldean (Uniate), Greek Catholic Melkite, Maronite, Syrian Orthodox, and Jewish. Three additional religious communities have subsequently been recognized–-the Druze, the Evangelical Episcopal Church, and the Baha'i. The status of some Christian denominations with representation in the country has been defined by a collection of ad hoc arrangements with various government agencies. The fact that the Muslim population was not defined as a religious community is a vestige of the Ottoman period, during which Islam was the dominant religion, and does not affect the rights of the Muslim community to practice their faith. The Government allows members of unrecognized religions the freedom to practice their religion. According to the Government, there were no religious denominations awaiting recognition during the period covered by this report. Each recognized religious community has legal authority over its members in matters of marriage and divorce.

Your turn. Answer my questions above. In fact how about just the PA recognizing Jews or perhaps their right to live under their governanace?? then go for the others. HOw many mosques are there in Israel - i know you can name at least one. How many synogogues are there in the West Bank or Gaza or Syria or Iran..... go for it...

waiting...

18. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 3 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]297135[/snapback]</div>
    This still doesn't tell me that a Jewish citizen can marry a non-jewish citizen and get state recognition of the marriage.

Nice try tho.

19. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vtie @ Aug 3 2006, 12:01 AM) [snapback]296836[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I wondered how long it would take before simple statements of facts got me called a 'racist'! and here it is! At least Mirza is able to attache links to his post from islamic propaganda sites meant to convince people that most Arabs and Muslim want to just live peacefully. (truly as a matter of numbers and percentages your right most Arabs and Muslims probably don't want to Jihad) but until the "silent" majority, 95% according to you but apparently at least 10% in Lebanon, do something about the radicals, then they must be considered one with them.

I also noticed that you didn't deny the statements I made, you just threw in the old liberal race card, sweet!

As long as the clerics and mullahs scream Jihad from the pulpit (or whatever it is called in Islam) then I believe they are the true face of Islam. You don't see the Pope screaming "Death to the Infidels", he may say homosexuals are not going to go to Heaven, but there is a vast difference between those two intlorances, and if you don't think so you have got some serious issues!

20. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Aug 3 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]297139[/snapback]</div>
    While I work on your request for information, take this time to work on mine...