1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Israel Under Attack - Looking for Advice

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, May 17, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Let me explain to you then. The concept was Hitler hated Jews. He killed(well he personally didn't kill, just like George Bush didn't personally kill any innocent iraqis) 6 million Jews from all over Europe. That was the holocaust. Let wikipedia be your friend if you don't understand.

PREFER NOT TO USE NUKES? So it's not off the table in your mind. If another high school in Israel get's rocketed and the generals advocate nuking the Palestinians, you'd be ok with that. I'm not surprised, but at least it's now official.

No, you're looking for someone to agree with you. No one does.

Not all the Jews, just the likes of you.

It's not okay. So let's use your solution. Nuke them.

Whatever floats your boat.

Let me ask you this. Would there be peace for the Jews if all palestinians were killed off? Would you approve of this course?

2. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ May 17 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]444345[/snapback]</div>
    Didn't some Israelis celebrate the anniversary of the bombing of the King David hotel recently? That was certainly a terrorist action, was it not? That would make the population complicit in that act of Israeli terrorism against the United Kingdom.

3. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Bomb the evil bad guys.

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ May 17 2007, 05:41 PM) [snapback]444468[/snapback]</div>
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

Well let's hear it D. "I can't refute my own hypocrisy" Berman.

The silence is deafening.

5. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

I was the one who suggested that Israel move to Mexico, and it was just a wishful jest. The Jews would make the desert bloom, nobody would be shooting missiles at them and the Mexicans could get jobs.

I'm fuzzy on my Old Testament history, but if you'll look under the Dome of the Rock mosque you'll find a much more ancient Jewish Temple (where Jesus preached). The Jews were there first by hundreds if not thousands of years.

Israel was created by the U.N. to give the Jewish people a place to go after the Holocaust. That has always struck me as odd, (why couldn't they go back to wherever they came from?) but what's done is done. Israel exists as a sovreign nation. Israel is our friend. Israel gives Israeli citizens who happen to be Arab more rights than those people would have in Arab countries.

The Jews were there thousands of years ago. Now they are back, and are back to stay. A car chatroom is probably not a place to solve this possibly unsolvable problem, but it should be a place for civilized discourse.

6. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ May 17 2007, 09:14 PM) [snapback]444556[/snapback]</div>
    I recognized it as a jest, and thought it was both amusing and inventive; better yet, no one ripped your head off for it. :)

And of course, you're right, this will not be solved here, nor should it be impossible to have civilized discourse about it. However, after you've been here a while (and I've only been on less than a year), or, if you go back and read some posts, you will find that some make this difficult indeed. There's a lot of baiting (as can be seen in this very thread), lots of juvenile behavior (sometimes the avatar is a clear indicator, then the accompanying post cements that theory), and some downright meanness, bullying and libelous comments. Nature of the beast and all that, I guess.

7. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 17 2007, 04:23 PM) [snapback]444431[/snapback]</div>
    So we've established that you think it's appropriate to bomb another sovereign entity based on the potential threat of acquiring WMD's... however, you still didn't answer my question - where do you draw the line? What is the minimum that constitutes enough provocation to justify a military attack?

8. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ May 18 2007, 10:17 AM) [snapback]444813[/snapback]</div>
    Children playing with small plastic military figures and gear. Nip it in the bud. Kill 'em all, let [insert religious icon here] sort 'em out. ;)

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ May 17 2007, 06:42 AM) [snapback]444086[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ May 17 2007, 07:26 AM) [snapback]444112[/snapback]</div>

<div align="center">Habe Ich Geschwiegen....

Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,
    habe ich geschwiegen;
    ich war ja kein Kommunist.

Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,
    habe ich geschwiegen;
    ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.

Als sie die Gewerkschafter holten,
    habe ich nicht protestiert;
    ich war ja kein Gewerkschafter.

Als sie mich holten,
    gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte[/url].
    </div>

An updated and loosely translated version . . .

<div align="center">When the Terrorist came for those that believed differently than they,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a believer in any God.

When they Bombed our embassy’s and our warships
    I remained silent;
    I was not in distant lands or in the Armed Forces.

When they sent car bombs and Kassam Rockets to kill the Jews
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a Jew.

When the terrorist flew Jet Airliners into our tall buildings
    I did not speak against them;
    But I did say “Because of our policies we deserved it.â€

When our leaders invaded the Terrorist strongholds,
    I remained silent;
    Until I remembered my side had an election to win so I called those leaders liars and murderers.

Even after all this when the Terrorist kept on killing and murdering,
    I remained silent;
    But I did support legislation that would force us to surrender to the terrorist.
    Wth, most of them had never attacked us directly.
    Furthermore, they had been doing it for a very long time and
    besides where I lived I still had nothing at stake.

Finally

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.</div>

Maybe with a united voice we could stop them?

Wildkow

p.s. oh never mind we're Doomed. :(