1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Issue: All interior lights don't work

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Luisbf, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Luisbf

Luisbf New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,

I just have bought a second hand 2005 Prius.
    The car works very fine, 220.000km and a regen battery fitted.

The only problem is that all interior lights (all 3 lights from the dome, reading, maps light or whatever is the name), don't turn on, so as the 2 sunvisors, the rear reading lights and also the trunk lights).

I checked fuses and found nothing. From the manual, the interior lights fuse is also the clock and key fuses, and they are working.

Do you know if there is a main harness connector to the interior lights or something that may cause this issue? Is not about all bulbs burned because I removed the sunvisor bulb and it is Ok.

Regards!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Check the 15A DOME fuse again. "Check" means that you use an ohmmeter to verify continuity across the fuse. Do not rely upon visual inspection.

After you've confirmed the DOME fuse is good, see whether you can measure 12VDC at one side of the fuse socket while the fuse is out, to body ground.

If you cannot measure 12VDC then you have a problem with the fuse box. If you can, then it does sound like you have a wiring harness problem. The wiring diagram shows several wiring junctions that the voltage has to pass through to get to the interior lights. Junction connectors J6 and J23 are the most likely places which might have a problem.

You may want to access the Toyota Europe techinfo website to obtain the electrical wiring diagram and find the location of those connectors per the exploded diagrams available.

Toyota Service Information

#2 Patrick Wong, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    SFO likes this.
  3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member