1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Issue with my Plug-In order and my nightmare

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by delz, Mar 31, 2012.

1. delz

delz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks, everyone!

Later today I'll finally be going to pick up my car!
    While CEC was not able to switch Dealers for me, I'll try to make sure the rest of the process goes smoothly and finally just drive off in my new Plug-In!!

UPDATE: CEC called me back and is looking into finding the car from another dealer for me; however, it will be random based on car availability and may take another week. Not too shabby. We'll see.

2. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm glad to hear things may work out after all. Please let us know how it goes.

3. ultraseven

ultraseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So far I haven't been able to get much info on the car without stepping into the dealership in person. Everytime I called I get the "he will take a message and call back" but never does.

I think even if I get the car this is the last time I am buying a Toyota. :mad:

I got the final email from Toyota corp last Tuesday, and I was told the car could be in the dealer as early as last Friday but I've heard nothing over the weekend.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i wouldn't completely blame toyota for yout dealers issues. next time, make the ride down to dianne at carson. then, you'll find out what real customer service is all about. consider yourself fortunate, we don't have anyone we can go to as knowledgable, friendly and hardworking as dianne. even if she is a whippersnapper!

5. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    sometimes it all works out.

... I will let Delz here post her results after they happen, but suffice it to say that it's all going to work out for the best for her.

To those of you who PM'ed me about this issue and stepping in, well.. some things cannot be accomplished with the big splash cannonball in the pool. Quietly draining the pool works sometimes too. ;)

Happily, she is in good hands and her poor prior experience is about to become a really happy one!

6 people like this.
  6. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    so now what, the original dealer gets to sell the car with all the add-ons to someone else at the demanded markup? seems like a pretty good deal for them. hopefully there are some ramifications for them.

1 person likes this.
  7. three33

three33 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Your issue is probably resolved at this point - but here is the picture delz

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  8. HaveNoCents

HaveNoCents Conservative Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Wow, what a rip off. $695 for window tint. Regular 995. Lmao.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lqdwvb

9. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What is the bottom one? I can't read that handwriting.

10. three33

three33 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Think it says Thermoguard

11. UCBRUINS

UCBRUINS Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :eek: I hope Toyota doesn't let this happen. Erica please update us on this if you can. So far, it seems like they are ahead at the end of the day giving them no reason to stop the BS business practice.

12. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I hope Toyota Corp took the PiP back, along with the $1495 Thermoguard and $1000 tint job.

What the heck is Thermoguard anyway. I never had a dealer try to sell me that.

13. SCDrJ

SCDrJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Markup, markup, and more markup... 500-700 (maybe) of real value for 3500, on a preordered car with a pre-agreed price. Sheesh.

14. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Now remember, the tint was reduced to $695, so the dealer isn't ripping anyone off!:p

15. delz

delz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What a wonderful day it was!
    Erica and Briana of Motor Sales found me the same car I ordered, fresh and untouched! Currently sitting at the Port of LA, it will be assigned to Dianne and I hope to get it this week!!

Everybody has been so sweet and supportive through this, especially you Prius Chatters, the CEC, Erica, Briana, and Dianne. I have deepest thanks for you all.

Now with Toyota Place still in possession of the PIP I also wonder if they'll get the money for the forced options and lies. Well...I'll let karma do its thing.

8 people like this.
  16. SCDrJ

SCDrJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats! You will be treated well at Carson, no doubt.

Sadly, I am sure Toyota Place will get "someone" to pay $3500 over sticker for a PIP... HOV stickers will sucker someone in I imagine - at least whoever buys it will know AHEAD OF TIME what they are in for. I really wish Toyota would rein in this practice - pure markups are rare, but this "forced option" business is just dishonest... When I was looking at Gen III cars, one local dealer took any II model and any III model without Nav and added leather, aftermarket nav, tint, anything they could slap on and markup 100+%.

17. HaveNoCents

HaveNoCents Conservative Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well at least you don't have to buy your car from a bunch of crooks. Congrats, as my old boss used to say " everything works out in the end, it just depends on whose end. "

iPad ?

1 person likes this.
  18. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's awesome. It really amazes me to see how much Toyota/Erica has done to try to solve the issues that have popped up with Plug-In preorders. It's also great to see the PiP Preorder-ers stick together and have each others backs.

This whole experience, plus seeing the tag team (Erica + Dianne) in action will forever change my view of buying a car. Sadly, my future car purchases may never be such a wonderful experience.. unless of course I continue to buy Toyotas :D

19. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Make sure you get your $500 deposit properly credited... either shitty Toyota in GG should refund to you and you pay the whole price at Carson, or somehow Toyota should transfer the $500 over to Dianne and you get the credit there.

As an aside, I got ripped off on a used car in Garden Grove last year (misrepresentation of condition)... shadiness must be a particularly big thing around that area!

20. delz

delz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ah, that is something I need to ensure, don't I!
    Thanks, calbear....I'll be on it first thing tomorrow :D

Got the VIN # of the car... HUGE thanks to Dianne! So excited and can't wait for the next couple days...