1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ISSUES: TP SEEK While driving, right side buttons not working, cruise control blinking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Cool-J, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Cool-J

Cool-J New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    I have a few issues with my Prius 2008 Gen 2 which I bought USED.

1) If I am on a radio station it scans to the next station (like someone is pressing TP SEEK once) then it stops seeking and stays on that station
    2) If I have it on AUX mode it changes to the next mode (like someone is pressing MODE once)
    3) The right buttons on the steering wheel are not working
    upload_2022-7-18_13-9-56.png
    4) CRUISE CONTROL is blinking when I press the cruise control button and it doesnt work

I have done some research but what I found that some people had problems with their clock spring (but this does not happen to me when I am turning the steering wheel)

I also read that some people had a problem with their cruise control (blinking) and they just had to replace their brake sensor.

Can anyone help me with these issues? Thanks

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    clock spring

buy oem or salvage, do not use aftermarket

Cool-J likes this.
  3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would get a scantool that can properly talk to all the modules on a Gen2 prius, then check for cruise control codes as well as monitoring data while working the switches. A number of different faults can cause the light to blink.

A bad clockspring might be your problem, but that's just a guess. C/C switch and S/W controls have the clockspring as a common point between them. Getting codes and performing tests per the service manual would give more definite answers.

As mentioned, some here on the forums have had poor results from using aftermarket parts (or had problems from not transferring the steering angle sensor from the old clockspring to the new one). Or had faults with the sensor anyway.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Cool-J likes this.
  4. Cool-J

Cool-J New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    UPDATE.

First of all thanks for the answers. I have replaced the Clockspring (I followed a youtube tutorial) and the problem was fixed. No more radio seek and the buttons are working. CRUISE control is still as an issue. I guess I have to replace the brake sensor too.

bisco likes this.