1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Issues with Bluetooth Browse Menu

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ella, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Ella

Ella Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all,

I recently purchased a Prius 2 2017, and have had no issues...up until now. My phone connects fine to the car and Bluetooth is pretty solid. However, the main concern is when I hit 'Browse' on the display screen and nothing happens. Instead, it's a blank menu. It used to display "Songs" "Artists" "Albums" etc. and I could choose songs that way, but now, nothing. Anyone know how to remedy this? I'm not sure if it's an issue with my phone. For reference, I have a Note 5, Android version 7.0.

Thanks!

2. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to Prius Chat, Ella. Sorry I can't advise you as I don't use mine to play music, but you won't have to wait very long before somebody else gets back to you with possible solutions to your problem. (y)

Ella likes this.
  3. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    From what I read here, Samsung introduced a bug into Bluetooth 4.1 that is causing your issue. I suspect you didn't have this problem before you updated the device to Android 7.x Nougat.

Please contact either your carrier or Samsung for further assistance with respect to a bug fix for Bluetooth 4.1 to fix the AVRCP 1.3 backward compatibility issue you're experiencing.

[Q] How to display Bluetooth track info? | Samsung Galaxy S6

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Ella, Tideland Prius and RCO like this.
  4. Ella

Ella Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Cheers! Thanks for the warm welcome :X3:

Awesome, you just saved me a trip to the dealership! I was suspecting it had something to do with my phone, since (you're right), I didn't have this issue before I updated my phone. The weird thing is, my car starts up with playing from my phone's music player (browse menu doesn't work), but when I switch to Spotify and then back to my music player, the browse menu works just fine...strange. Anyway, thank you so much! You rock :D

RCO and pilotgrrl like this.
  5. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My pleasure, Ella! Also note that streaming apps like Spotify need the "prevent device from sleeping" permission. However, setting the display timeout to "Never" will take its toll on the phone's battery.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

RCO and Ella like this.