1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It arrived Today!

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by victor, Sep 29, 2004.

1. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    We got out Blue Executive with Navi today. Picked it up at 4PM and had to go straight to work.

One question, I am sure on the test drive, pressing the "Voice" button on the steering wheel caused a "Ping" sound to let you know you can talk. Mine doesnt do that. Is this a config thing, or was I mistaken?

other wise, the steering wheel is not quite straight, I will get that seen to next week.

Happy bunny!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :multi: :clap: :multi: :clap: :multi: :clap:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

As for the voice beep: If you figure out what happened to make the beeping stop without deactivating the vioce-activation, please let me know. I would love to get rid of that beeping.

3. victor

victor New Member

Will do. but when you drive along without the radio/cd/tape going and then press the voice button, you can tell its active without looking at the screen. Im 90% sure it gave a musical "Ping" on the tester. :? There is a quiet tinny "Peep", but its not the same :lol:

Names: At the moment its either Sparky or Carmen (as in Carmen Electra) but not sure yet.

4. rflagg

rflagg Member

I believe there should be an option somewhere for volume of the Nav - I do know the voice command for it is "louder" or "softer" (it doesn't control audio, just the nav audio) - it's possible it's just too quiet for you to hear, perhaps?

As far as names go, combine the two for Carmen Spanky! Sexy and fun! :)

-m.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm going to have to play with this on my way home, but I'm not sure that adjusting the volume of the voice commands affects the volume of the "activation beep" (for lack of a better name). I think it’s just the volume of the navigation directions and affirmation replies. You know, such as “setting temperature to 72 degreesâ€, or “In ½ mile right turnâ€, or “I like your new cologne, Tony.â€

It's just that when I push the button, I know I pushed the button and don't need a reminder that I pushed the button. To me, it's the same as when I'm feeding paper into a copier and the copier says “tray door openâ€. Well, no duh, I’m the one who opened it. I can understand if it’s opened just a crack – enough that you wouldn’t otherwise notice, but when it’s opened so far that I would trip over it, I don’t need the reminder.

6. victor

victor New Member

I dont think the navi setting has anything to do with it.

I just tried a few things a few moments ago (went in the car park to play :wink: ) and I also noticed the reverse bleep is very quiet too, so maybe my bleeper is not as loud as it should be.

I can live with it. :lol:

7. Nomax

Nomax New Member

Congratulations Victor !!

I will look out for you on the roads of Bavaria... !

Until now i have not seen any other Prius in Munich... and my Odometer shows already 15.000 km !!

cu

Nomax

8. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Would you care to borrow my avatar? It is a wild rabbit so I have no exclusive claims to it :)

I haven't had much time to play with the voice activation stuff so I don't know if I have a beep, loud, or soft. I did turn off the reverse beeper. It was driving the kids nuts :) I imagine I will have to use my eyes for a while to be sure I pushed the joystick the right way as finding R by pushing up is not a natural thing.

9. victor

victor New Member

We will have to meet up for a photo session near the lakes!

Ive only 4 photos which I took with my mobile phone. They are crap to be honest but can bee seen in the gallery -> here <-

10. Nomax

Nomax New Member

Yes ! Nice idea !

I will go to the car wash with the Prius and then we are ready for some great photo shooting at the lakes.

Just send me a pm...

cu

Nomax

btw.: What happend to prius-forum.net ?

11. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, &amp; Drapanos, Crete, G
    Long story...... Tell you when we met sometime.

Do you know a good photographic spot where we could get the cars with a nice background? Maybe mountains, or lakes. Otherwise some nice Bavarian buildings etc?

Think about a location. I will PM you my private mobile number. I only have web access from work at the moment.