1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It Should Be Called "UN-TrueCar"! Who Are We Supposed To Believe???

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by BigBen, Jan 8, 2011.

1. BigBen

BigBen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    OK, here we friggin' go... Let the games continue... :mad:

Who are we supposed to believe???

This afternoon I go to Competition Toyota whom has been pestering me for WEEKS to by my 2010 Prius IV from them.
    I'm just getting over the flu, but my back is killing me, yet that's another story...

Anyway, they call me saying to simply print-out the Truecar Certificate ($25,190, Prius IV, which includes Remote Start, Wheel Locks, Lower Body Molding, Cargo Organizer, 5-Piece Floor & Cargo Mats, Silver Paint).

So I print it out, then I called them TWICE to confirm that there was no problem honoring that price.
    When I get there this afternoon (after driving about an extra 1/2 hour), they decided the price was too low, and they now want $27,243 for the car.
    I'm soooo pissed right now, I can't tell you how much...

I called Smithtown Toyota and told them I'm buying it from them tomorrow, so give me your best price without all of the BS!!! He said no problem, we'll see you at Noon on Sunday.

Yea right, we'll see what happens on Sunday...

What's up with this "TrueCar" BS???
    Maybe it should be called "UN-TrueCar" instead!!! :mad:

/Rant

BigBen

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have no experience with that program. How close is the AAA price? Do you really want all that overpriced PIO "stuff"?

3. BigBen

BigBen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    AAA is a "Proud Partner" of UnTrueCar!
    It's all just a bunch of BS to get you in the door.

If I went to market like that in MY business, I'd starve!
    I'm HONEST with my customers, and I'm successful because of it (Thank God)!

I really didn't add too much to the IV base car.
    I'm going to buy the Body Side Molding from the PriusChat store, and install it myself.

4. zonie911

zonie911 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Back when when I bought my '09 new, I checked with AAA, whom I've been a member of for 15 years, said BS BS BS - dealer said BS BS BS----for some reason the AAA disc. could not be worked out because of the volume of the dealership-- or some BS like that.

5. BigBen

BigBen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I hear ya Zoni.
    Then a couple of days ago, I got a call from some lady with AAA, who is in some way associated with that Un-TrueCar crap.
    From what I understand, this is a "special program" that some stealerships sign-up for, and they're supposed to honor those prices on the certificates.
    I left her a voice message earlier today, like that's really going to help anything.