1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

itouch is not a phone

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mwhelm, Apr 11, 2015.

1. mwhelm

mwhelm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bluetooth on my 2015 PIP is enabling the itouch (a kind of ipod) as a phone.
    This is not good, because it blocks the real phone, unless I remember to go thru
    the trouble of disconnecting the itouch for phone. Every time.

Is there some way to simplify this? Have the Prius' bluetooth system remember that this
    itouch device is permanently disconnected for phone?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Umm your post is lacking a bit of detail to fully help you but here's what I can do.

The car remembers the last phone that was connected for handsfree and bluetooth audio. They are two separate pairings and you can have two separate bluetooth devices connected at the same time - one for handsfree calling, one for playing music.

I assume you're using the iPod Touch for music? In that case, delete the bluetooth pairing for the phone but keep the bluetooth pairing for audio.

Alternatively, if you don't have a bluetooth connected phone, just turn off bluetooth handsfree auto-connect altogether.