1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Its my turn for a vandalized car!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TheForce, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    $516!!!! How many eggs can you buy for that much money? <_<

Really sorry to hear about your car. Idiots.

2. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My condolences. The issue with eggs is speed. Parked cars can usually just be washed off, but hitting an egg at highway speeds can cause a lot of damage. You're lucky you didn't get a dent or broken glass.

3. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheForce @ Aug 29 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]503911[/snapback]</div>
    Wow... I just noticed this thread today. My sympathies, as I can relate as my previous car was egged a few years ago, I know the frustration and anger you feel...

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending how you look at it), some "kid" (?) threw an egg at my car from an angle I estimate to be about 45-degrees to the left on the driver side, while I was stopped at a light. Never saw him/her. They didn't hit the paint; instead, it went right through the open moonroof and cracked on the rubber front edge of the open roof! (Quite the throw, I'll give that credit!) As a result, half the egg stayed in the moonroof track and the other half went into the backseat/window/seatbelt. Quite the mess. Scratched my tint as a result. :angry:

On the positive side, it was less expensive to fix than a paint job (free, actually)... but I also went screeching my tires looking for this punk...

I hate vandals. :angry:

4. Gasolean

Gasolean Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow!!! I can't believe that that egg caused that much damage! Wow wow wow. My (red) Prius also got egged. But I sort of probably was asking for it. I had a bumper sticker "The only Bush I trust is my own" on my car and the area I was living at the time was very conservative. Woops. I don't realize HOW LUCKY I am that they hit the window and not the actual car. The egg did dribble onto to the car but it didn't leave anything. I took it to the car wash as soon as I Saw it.

5. bobdavisnpf

bobdavisnpf Member

I could care less about getting hit by an egg. It's the SUV's that worry me.

If everyone carried guns, then people would only attack when they thought they could get the drop on the other guy... and bystanders would only bystand if they were worried the criminal might be a faster draw than they are... what next, pre-emptive invasions of other countries?

6. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hv74656 @ Aug 24 2007, 02:06 AM) [snapback]501434[/snapback]</div>
    It had nothing to do with the wax. First of all "Teflon" waxes are a marketing gimmick. In order to be effective Teflon needs to be bonded to a surface at over 600 degrees. It does nothing in a spray or wax application. And second, the damage he saw was caused by the shell cutting into the paint, no wax will protect against that.

You just got lucky.

7. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not that it even begins to compare, but I did find a few choice words written in the fine dust on my hood just now. People are screwed up. I don't go writing "You @$$" on Hummers. Maybe that's acceptable now? Like an email?

8. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

9. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Its currently in the paint shop.

[attachmentid=11369]

Attached Files:

10. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Its all fixed and looks like new. :) Final cost $489.85

11. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Its all fixed and looks like new. :) Final cost $489.85

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    cool! i know that feeling.

check that back triangle window if you've got tint. we had a scratch in ours, they replaced the tint for us.

13. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    cool! i know that feeling.

check that back triangle window if you've got tint. we had a scratch in ours, they replaced the tint for us.

14. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Sep 13 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]511936[/snapback]</div>
    The only issues I found were that the trunk cover was installed wrong, the trunk floor was not seated correctly, and the trim near the upper part of the window they took out had a broken plastic peg. All of which was an easy fix except for the plastic peg. Its no big deal and nothing to get a fuss over. I need to get some of those pegs anyway and their cheap. The paint matched perfectly as far as I can tell. It does have a different texture but you can only see that if your up close and look hard.

Over all I'm happy with it. If I ever find the person or persons that threw the egg I will make sure I get $489.85 of justice out of them.

15. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Sep 13 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]511936[/snapback]</div>
    The only issues I found were that the trunk cover was installed wrong, the trunk floor was not seated correctly, and the trim near the upper part of the window they took out had a broken plastic peg. All of which was an easy fix except for the plastic peg. Its no big deal and nothing to get a fuss over. I need to get some of those pegs anyway and their cheap. The paint matched perfectly as far as I can tell. It does have a different texture but you can only see that if your up close and look hard.

Over all I'm happy with it. If I ever find the person or persons that threw the egg I will make sure I get $489.85 of justice out of them.

16. mabelair

mabelair New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheForce @ Sep 13 2007, 12:58 PM) [snapback]511947[/snapback]</div>

Glad that the you're happy with the repair job. $489.50 of justice might get you an hour with a good lawyer... Not sure if it's worth it. ;-)

I never really understood the need to vandalize, but then again, only the vandal really has their own "justification" for what they're doing.

MAB

17. mabelair

mabelair New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheForce @ Sep 13 2007, 12:58 PM) [snapback]511947[/snapback]</div>

Glad that the you're happy with the repair job. $489.50 of justice might get you an hour with a good lawyer... Not sure if it's worth it. ;-)

I never really understood the need to vandalize, but then again, only the vandal really has their own "justification" for what they're doing.

MAB

18. LochNess

LochNess Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That whole saga is amazing. I once had a clown hit the back window of my (traded in) Honda Civic with a golf club in the middle of the night, caving in the window. The police came by, took a report, shrugged their shoulders, and that was it.

I suppose the good thing for me, compared to you, is that the glass is easier to fix than the paint.

19. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the police haven't been much help in either of our 2007 car misfortunes. (prius keyed, camry hit while parked and totalled.)

i got about the same response: sorry, shame you'll have to pay [your hard earned and extremely limited budget] money to take care of someone else's mistake/intentional pigheadedness.

grr.