1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It's official: Bush sewage plant on the ballot

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by dragonfly, Jul 18, 2008.

1. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I find it quite amusing having a two-party system of government. Passions normally reserved for college football games or world soccer championships seem to rear their ugly head with predictable regularity, often mirroring religious fanaticism. As if alumni from Texas A&M could ever convince University of Texas alumni to defect or vice versa. :) The logic of these political conversations is not much different. :) Remember all the hate for Reagan? Where is it now? That guy was going to destroy the world, remember? And Clinton? He's slowly working the same direction in people's mind. ZZZzzzzz

2. Abu Garcia

Abu Garcia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I totally agree. Talking about politics and religion can get quite heated because people are really passionate about their feelings. I voted for Clinton and Bush in the past and consider myself an independant that votes for the person that I think is best at the time. There is no way to look into the future to see if you chose the right person. I like Obama's thoughts on NAFTA as this has just killed the common working man in my state and other states. It even affects my job as an IT person. Outsourcing will eventually make us a class with upper class and lower class and very few middle class people. Everyone needs to get out and vote and hope that they made the correct choice. There are many people that dislike Bush, his policys or agenda, and I can understand that. Which ever candidate comes up with some good ideas on the economy will get my vote, but so far, I have heard nothing substantial. By the way, Obama hit a home run in his visit overseas. This is kind of off the subject about Sewage plants, but this topic has turned into another direction.

3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    NAFTA is one of the things that I disagree with Obama on. NAFTA has been a positive thing for the country as a whole. We need to learn to re-invent ourselves from time to time. Ohio should be pushing for wind and solar mfg jobs, for example. That's only a piece of the pie, but every so often we're going to lose a sector of the economy to another country or technology. Then, we need to find replacements. That's always been the case and it's not going to stop anytime soon.

4. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    NAFTA has not been that positive in all reality. What NAFTA does is create wealthy corporations, and no trickle down, there is a reason the richest man in the world is in one of the most impoverished countries, Mexico. What NAFTA has done is create a mechanism of cheap labor congregated in factories controlled by the wealthy in either the US or the country they are in.

That sounds good on paper and in the bank, but it does nothing for the poor in those countries, the really poor, which in most cases make up a big part of the country, find prices going up for everything, and their labor not wanted, thus poorer people trying to get to the US for jobs.

5. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Maybe he and McCain can get together each learn something. Obama can learn that Japan did not drop "the bomb" on Pearl Harbor, and McCain can learn that Iraq does not share a border with Afghanistan. At least McCain's comments were not scripted. :eek:

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    They've each made gaffes.

I think McCain has made more. You'd think someone with his experience would know better.

Czechoslovakia still exists (it doesn't).
    Iran is training Al-Qaeda (they aren't).
    Iraq and Pakistan share a border (they don't).
    Somalia is the same place as Sudan (it isn't).
    Vladimir Putin is the president of Germany (he isn't).

Which is worse; gaffes about history or current events?

7. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Metaphorically, Japan did "drop the bomb" on Pearl Harbor. It just wasn't "the bomb" as we have come to know it.

Every once in a while, context and nuance do matter. Flip/flopping could (should?) be considered a sign of good judgement. One can't accuse the current Bush administration for flip/flopping. Too bad.

What was it that has been said, "we believe on Wednesday the same thing we believed on Monday, regardless of what happened on Tuesday!"?

Icarus

8. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The one thing that the Bush Administration has shown the country, is that when you elect America's enemies, you consistantly loose the battle, and in that alone, Bush should be in the Sewage Plant, not on it.

9. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Maybe the question is better posed as which is worse: geographical/geopolitical gaffes or historical gaffes. I don't know. McCain does remind me a little of Reagan in his second term as he was beginning to appear confused at times.

10. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Could you translate that for the rest of us?

America's enemies? You mean Al Qaeda? Or are you talking in tin foil hat-speak about how Bush is the enemy of America?

Constantly lose the battle? That deserves an explanation. Military battles? Social battles? Scrabble games?

This just in: Senior Taliban leader killed in Afghanistan - Yahoo! News

Bush should be in the sewage plant, should he? How clever. How old are you, three? At least you could have made me laugh if you said he is a sewage plant. :)

11. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Don't need to, most of the rest understood, you would never be able to comprehend.

Bush is America's enemy, he has followed every plan that Osama Bin Laden laid out for hurting the US, his economic plan is non-existant, hurting the country, his appointments are completely incompetent, hurting the country, his planning includes nothing but continuous debt, hurting the country, his foreign policy has been nothing but a plan to create enemies against the US. Yep, he is an enemy of America.

Oh, and why would I want to make you laugh, you matter to me not. :eek::eek:

And quite possibly I'm older than you, seen more than you, and am a lot more political and historical savy than you.

And finally, there is ALWAYS a senior Taliban leader killed in Afghanistan, just like there is ALWAYS an Al Qaeda #2 always killed, there seems to be hundreds of seniors and #2's, I guess thats why Bush fits the sewage plant, he is another #2. :D

12. Abu Garcia

Abu Garcia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So, to get this straight, Bush planned on destroying America, he is planning on our demise with Osama, and he is intent on making sure everyone suffers. You are speaking Moveon nonsense and have been watching too much MSNBC news. What you have to say is true hate that we hear about often and does not matter in any logical sense. If I had all of these thoughts, I would be a very negative and depressed person. Thankfully, I'm more mature than that. But, I do agree that there are many people that have your same useless thoughts. Have a nice day and I hope you recover from yourself.

13. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bush is America's enemy because he is an incompetent fool, Osama knew his enemy was one, and would do everything possible to follow Osama's plan, therefore once Osama set his plan in place, he knew Bush would follow his plan, Bush is the village idiot that does whatever people get him to do.

14. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That, in itself, isn't the problem. It's the evil behind the scene (Cheney and crew) that is really running this country into the ground. This admin has been about 1 thing, and 1 thing only - a GIANT taxpayer money grab.

... Brad

15. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Wasn't there some sort of quote from Bin Laden that he says he'll win when the U.S. is paying $145.00 a barrel?

Mission Accomplished.

16. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Language like this is indicative of at worst a lack of critical thinking skills and at best a lack of originality. Your radical delivery discredits your position.

I don't need to know how old you are. I can tell how valuable your posted ideas are just by recognizing other people's conclusions regurgitated word-for-word in your posts. Hearing all these tired tin foil hat diatribes is like reading conspiracy theory scripture. At least if you canonized it, you could just post the chapter and verse instead of having to type it every time.

You do realize it would sound just as nutty to scream that Clinton was incompetent and an enemy of America because he didn't do more to stop Bin Laden or curb terrorism while he was in office?

Until you prove otherwise by rational discourse, I will consider you a partisan hack that has been sucked in by political extremism. I sense a lot of anger that might be better exhausted by taking up a physical contact sport.

17. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The basis of his statement is that we've been stealing money from Muslim countries. So if you account for inflation over the last ten years since his statement, it would be somewhere closer to $190 a barrel. Then you would have to calculate us paying back all the money we owed while we got it at a discount. I don't think it's mission accomplished just yet. ;)

18. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That made sense and was funny. Thanks for playing. :p

19. Abu Garcia

Abu Garcia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Man, I couldn't have said it better. I was listening on the radio tonight and heard a person commenting on the same remarks. He said these types of people have some serious problems and should call the cops to have themselves locked up. I thought that was really funny:). It does sound scripted from the most vile left wing losers. But again, they have the right to spew their view and look irrational to people with common sense.

20. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The problem with the above arguments is that many of us are indeed angry. I posted a list of my angers a few posts back. This doesn't make me crazy or a ranting "political extremist" I think many people would consider GWB and many if not most in his administration "incompetent" (You're doin' a heck of a job Brownie!) As for calling him a fool,, I don't believe in calling names. I'll let history be the judge of that.

Icarus