1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It's official: Bush sewage plant on the ballot

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by dragonfly, Jul 18, 2008.

1. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I really don't care what you think, your belief has been proven wrong time and time again, Bush was governor or my state, I have been damaged by that moron, longer than the US has, I have my beliefs, proven true, time and time again.

Bush has done nothing to curb terrorism while he has been in office, he has actually inflicted terrorism on not only America, but on an innocent society, Iraq. You can believe anything you want, but you can also be very wrong. Testament to the fact that he has accomplished nothing in the fight against terrorism toward the US, is the fact that Afghanistan, is still not finished, the Taliban is coming back strong, and Osama Bin Laden is still alive and not captured. That wasn't Clinton's fault, that was Bush's fault, Osama Bin Laden took a direct claim and admission that he was responsible for the attack on the WTC. Please explain why you must think that Bush's decision that Osama Bin Laden is not important now, but Clinton's not being able to get him seems to be more important, keeping in mind that Bush not only had world justification to get Osama, but he had the military in place to accomplish the task, something Clinton did not have.

2. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I guess I'm not happy with what's happening in the world either, but I like to read Prius stuff on PriusChat. I can go to other blogs to discuss politics. But if this what you enjoy I will just pass it next time.

3. Abu Garcia

Abu Garcia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I give up, I'm going on to other subjects as there is no help for you. I have heard and read about people like you, but didn't really think they existed. It must be terrible living in your skin. Or maybe, you are just saying these things to get a reaction. It doesn't matter. Have a wonderful day and I hope things get better for you if you aren't already too far gone.

4. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just curious, how many times are you going to say, that you are done with this thread? :D

Oh, and nothing is wrong with me, you are the accepting of incompetence and corruption in your government, I'm defending America, you are accepting of an America that demands you surrender your rights and your children's future, I think I win. And, I have no trouble about anything, my beliefs don't destroy my life, like yours does to you.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Okay folks, everyone line up! The bus is leaving for Fred's House of Politics. :D

Tom

6. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It's pretty easy to point out the failures of the Bush administration. There are many and they are indeed glaring. However, for those who are pro-Bush, how about listing some of his accomplishments?

What would you list as GW's accomplishments over his 2 terms?

... Brad

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is this a trick question? :rolleyes:

Tom

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    1. He brushed his teeth successfully almost daily.

OK, I'll put in the second one as soon as I can think of it.

9. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How on earth do you know???? Perhaps Cheney does it for him!

Icarus

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    He annoyed the hell out of liberals. :p

11. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    And true conservatives, libertarians, foreign leaders, allies, intelligent people, English majors, English teachers, Merriam-Webster, and quite a few more. :eek::D

12. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wow .... nobody can list even one Bush accomplishment? Not even one? :confused:

... Brad

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, the Neocons love pointing out how we haven't had a terrorist attack in the U.S. since 9/11. Of course, since 9/11 we also haven't been hit with an asteroid, we haven't hurled into the Sun, and Godzilla didn't attack our country, so I guess we can credit Junior for all those, too.

14. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Agreed.

15. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Not sure what you're referring to here. I didn't defend Bush's actions. Don't give me that knee-jerk radical reaction and lump everyone who disagrees with your delivery in with any certain group of people.

See, this is where you lose all credibility. You make statements that are so general and sweeping, they cannot possibly be entirely true. Do you honestly believe the above statement? Nothing? Not_one_thing? Please.

Bush as inflicted terrorism on America. Hmm. "I'm going to select 'Radical Ideas Gathered from Various Partisan Websites' for $1000, Alex."

True. And I hope you are listening to yourself.

Are you ready to bring the war to Pakistan or does the Taliban just need to be contained? If you answer the latter, then you agree that we are on the right course as Bush is executing the war. If you agree with the former, then you want to bring the war across the border of another sovereign nation, right? A nation that does not like us very much and has nuclear weapons. So tell me, shall we just keep killing the ants on the ant trail or find and eliminate the nests? Do you really want our next President to steamroll into Pakistan, kill all the Taliban along with innocent tribal groups and provoke a wider regional conflict?

I welcome a discussion on the matter. Both candidates for President do not strike me as complete fools. What would you have them do with this mess?

I never said the fact that Clinton did not do more to get OBL was more important that Bush not getting him. I used it as a reference to show joint, if not perfectly balanced, responsibility for the fact the guy is still drawing breath.

And you made the argument about OBL not being so important: You stated in your other posts that it was not important that we just killed three major players in the Taliban and seriously disrupted their ability to plan and execute attacks. You said other leaders will rise up and take their places. So in one post, you simultaneously discounted the tactical assessment of the British military on the ground in Afghanistan as well as made the argument for why OBL is not the focus of the war.

However, regardless about the argument you inadvertently made against the importance of getting OBL, I think it should have been important. But notice this one important point where we diverge: the line between tactical errors, errors in judgement, etc., and becoming the "enemy of America".

Truly believing that the President of the United States is an enemy of America is one step away from picking up a rifle and doing something about it. Or are you a coward content to let an enemy of America run the country? I think you know that statement was absurd, and you should retract or rephrase it.

16. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

He treats Barney and Ms. Beasley very well.

17. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    How is anything you said credible, it seems you support the war in Iraq, isn't that the same thing? Oh wait, as long as they have nuclear, we are supposed to leave them alone, I get it, we pay them off then. No wonder Iran wants nuclear, we cowar down to countries with nuclear. Biggest lame excuse there is, no wonder Osama Bin Laden is still alive and a threat, the goal was never to get him, never get the people that are involved in attacking the US, as long as they can go hide in a nukuler country.

And yes, Bush is an enemy of the United States, he is a criminal of the highest order, my view, my beliefs and fact.

18. Abu Garcia

Abu Garcia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, I'm back and not going to comment on any of the prev posts. Just wanted to let EJFB1029 know that Bush is in my hometown today and you can eat with him for $500 or have a picture taken with him for $5000. Get your bags packed and have some fun with the president. By the way, many roads are now closed for his visit and it sure makes it hard to go to my favorite shopping center. That really ticks me off.

19. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bush is visiting your town, wow, I bet you are excited, so does the president show up after Bush leaves?

20. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wrong. Try again. I support us doing everything in our power not to make it any worse than it already is.

Then stop being a coward and do something about it. Radical beliefs call for radical actions. But no, you will just hide behind your keyboard hoping someone else will save you from Satan incarnate. I'm not sure which is worse, the person who says something they do not believe, or the person who believes something but does not care.

You never answered my questions about the Taliban and Pakistan. Likely because you do not have any real ideas and solutions, only complaints. Let's hope Obama and McCain can do better.

This may be tired and worn argument with which I do not agree, but it does not rise to the "enemy of America" rhetoric. Go for it.