1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It's Time--DC Test Drive July 15

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by JimN, Jul 2, 2012.

1. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I decided to visit my friends in MD & invited him to ride along on my Model S test drive in DC. I don't know how many cars they will have or how many will be in service.

Hopefully I can get a spot when the reservation e-mail is received.

Here's your chance to ask questions. I'll be sure to ask the Tesla people whatever you want to know as long as it is posted by Friday the 13th as there is no guarantee I'll be able to connect on the trip.

I intend to have photos & a video posted somewhere (hopefully of ME. That's what friends are for.)

Jim.

2. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Internet connectivity? Is it like Toyota via the drivers cell/data connection or does the car have its own cell/data connection? What does it use for the Nav software (please tell me its Garmin based). Does Nav talk to phone/contacts and navigate to them (Toyota hoped to do it but it didn't work, at least in current cars).

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Really jealous, it's not coming anywhere close to me and I just can't justify the cost or time to travel to an event for an 8 minute test drive. Look forward to your impressions.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The car will have its own connectivity/data plan. It will also be wifi enabled to connect to your home (or other) network for updates and such. Assumed to be a 3G plan though there's hope for 4G--but I doubt it. You'll be able to connect to bluetooth, of course, but I don't think it will connect/tether with your phone's data.

5. JimN

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Bundling the test drive with the visit made it work for me. I really don't want to drive to NYC just for the event and I'm not ready to buy a car I haven't even seen. The prototype doesn't count because it's not the same car.

As they say on network TV, stay tuned, film at 11.

6. JimN

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have the (or a) 11:00-noon slot. The test drive event is at the Gaithersburg Hilton in Maryland.