1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Itunes to USB

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by dubit, Feb 16, 2019.

1. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Alright, last resort here.

I'm new to Apple - I was a windows phone guy... So just how do I copy a tune or songs to a USB stick so I can listen to it in my car. Yes, it's on my phone already and I can just do the Bluetooth thing, but I like seeing the Album art displayed. But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to copy a tune from iTunes over to a USB stick. (I can hear you all laughing now) I've done the drag / drop like the apple help thing says, but no luck. It's copying a link, not the actual song.

Tks in advance for any help.

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe we can stumble along together? I used to know that stuff, had Apple gear a long time. But they've changed iTunes so much I don't actually use it for music anymore.

I know you can make it reveal the file linked to a given song listing, and then copy that, but I think that's only good for one track at a time.

Have you tried holding any modifier keys while dragging?

EDIT: I've just tried a simple drag and it worked, I wound up with an mp3 file in the location I dragged it to.

Perhaps it doesn't like the filesystem on your usb stick? have you tried dragging to a staging folder on your computer, then copying to the stick?

#2 Leadfoot J. McCoalroller, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    ztanos and dubit like this.
  3. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two