1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ivory/beige interior

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by feemia99, Oct 29, 2005.

1. feemia99

feemia99 Junior Member

I was going to get the beige interior, because my dog is brown, so I thought his fur wouldn't show up as much as with the gray interior. I've read several posts here, however, from people who got the gray because they thought the beige was too light and would get dirty.

Anyone with pets and the beige interior care to share their opinions?

2. Venturer

Venturer New Member

Just get the seat covers for front and back. They look good and fit right.

3. dbunn92614

dbunn92614 New Member

Can you use seat covers with side airbags, aren't the airbags in the front seats? I believe that is the case with Honda's don't know about the Prius.

Thank you.

4. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You get the seat covers for side airbags (if you have package 6 (2005) or package 9 - 2004). You can tell by the little tag on the side of the front seats that says "Side airbags".

Most people get gtcovers.com

5. Liam

Liam New Member

I have a black lab and beige interior. I always put a blanket on the seat to cover where the dog will be sitting. The dog travels with me all day long. After two years and 60,000 miles the interior was looking a little dingy. I cleaned the seats and carpet with a spray on carpet cleaner and the interior looks just like new. I did not have any fabric protector put on the seat when I bought the car, so I am very impressed with the fabric used on the seats.

6. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have ivory/beige and a dog. He doesn't shed much and is kind of the same color as the interior but we hike a lot. He gets dirt and sand all over, I have a blanket over the back seat where he rides and that helps a little but he still gets dirt all over sometimes anyway. The good thing is the upholstery seems real easy to clean and doesn't get as bad as I thought it would. The car I sold when I bought the Prius had leather and it was much better. I am seriously considering seat covers but I also need arm rest covers and they don't make those that I know of, except for the center thing in front.

7. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Or, just get leather. This will keep the seats in good shape and for the back, just use the existing mat or get another mat.

The only issue I've found is that with the seats up, our dogs head can rub the ceiling right at the top of the rear windshield. I'm thinking of having my wife sew some sort of cover that we can velcro to the ceiling for when he's in it.

8. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Robin makes great arm rest covers and sells them on eBay. I have front armrest and console covers she made and they are great. I have GT seatcovers and they are made for the side air bags. They fit well and look good too.

9. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

In my car the front compartment is for humans and the back is for the dogs. Back seats usually remain folded down and I have installed a large rubber-backed door mat over the whole of the dog's compartment to catch hair and dirt. Have installed a barrier between front and back to 'remind' the dogs to stay back. On the occasion when I need the back seats for people I just fold the seats back up into the original position, and they are clean.