1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jack point for a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Airbalancer, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Want to change the winter tires using my floor jack
    I look in the manual and it shows using the car jack, fitting into the ridge

Where would you set a floor jack to lift the car?

2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Page 423 shows "positioning a floor jack". Section 4-3 Do-it-yourself maintenance in the table of contents.

I was looking a the downloaded PDF version and not my paper copy but it is supposes to be the same.

PS, I like the PDF version of the manual because I can do searches and find things that they put in strange places. ;)

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yes, there are jacking points at front and back. You can also lower the car back onto jackstands at those side, scissor jacking points. Just raise enough to get the wheels an inch or two clear of the ground all around.

Also, it's in the manual but bears repeating: break the lug nuts loose, a little, while the car's still on the ground. Don't loosen them right off, just kind of half untorque them, if that makes sense.

Also, if you encounter a wheel that sticks, even after all the lug nuts are off, try this:

Put the lug nuts back on, finger tight, then loosen them maybe 1 turn, so there is a slight gap. Then lower that end of the car, slowly bringing the weight back onto that tire. It might pop loose then. If not, just put hands on that corner, and give it a little downward bounce. That should pop it loose.