Jack points

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by krushmoto, May 12, 2019.

1. krushmoto

krushmoto Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I'm trying to locate the jack points for the Prime. Tried searching this forum but came up with no hits.
    I looked underneath the car and it seems there are only pinch weld seams but wasn't sure. It was raining and starting to get dark. Tried googling it but only came up with reg Prius not the Prime.
    Thanks for your help.

moto z3 ?

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    See “Positioning a floor jack,” Owner’s Manual (PDF), page 579, and the Repair Manual (more info), under General: Introduction: Repair Instruction: Vehicle Lift and Support Locations, which has information that applies when using a swing arm or plate type lift. It also says to use safety stands with rubber attachments, presumably to avoid damaging the weld seams or their finish.

Marine Ray likes this.
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    See this thread. Please show me where the floor jack suppose to go! | PriusChat
    My comment #25 (front) and #29 (rear) show a photo of the jack points. Rear jack point is easy to identify. The front is the though one. It is really far from the front.

4. PT Guy

PT Guy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Take a look on Amazon or eBay, for example, for "rubber pad for floor jack." You'll see numerous hard rubber pads with a slot to protect the pinch weld seam. I've used one for years; it works fine. One interesting one is aluminum with magnets to hold it in position while the jack is placed. There are rubber pads for jack stands with slots to protect the pinch weld. Also, under the Prime, are strong suspension-to-body points that will work with the floor jack.

[​IMG]

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Sidewalk Supervisor

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Apart from the front and rear central jacking points (shown in the manual, mentioned by @Elektroingenieur, thread linked by @Salamander_King), the other issue is safety stand positioning.

I'm really sceptical of the viability of the proscribed scissor jack locations, for use with safety stands. With or without rubber bits. If you use the scissor jack I think you'll see it's actually bearing on the body, behind the pinch-welded seam. And likely indenting it, even with one gentle use.

I should have a look at a Prime (and/or reg fourth gen) at dealership, I'm pretty sure I could find good points for safety stand cradles. If it's similar to third gen:

Rears adjacent to the oval locator pin openings. Fronts at the leading edge of the main underbody rails.