1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jacking Points for the 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jmccord, May 22, 2006.

1. jmccord

jmccord New Member

My 2006 Prius will soon be reaching its first service interval. I'm fairly handy, don't mind getting dirty, and like many others, would like to perform simple maintenance myself. While I don't have a floor jack, I'm fortunate to have access to a auto shop that has two types of hydraulic lifts. The drive-on lift was great for putting on the BT stiffening plate, and would work well for oil changes, but I'd also like to rotate the tires when I change the oil.
    The shop also has a 4-point hydraulic lift with adjustable arms, but looking at the "Positioning the Jack" section of the 2006 Owner's Manual on page 396, it appears only 2 jacking points are provided, one front and one rear.
    Are these the only safe jacking points, or are there additional points where the 4-point lift can be safely used?
    I believe most tire shops use these 4-point lifts as well.
    How do others safely raise their cars for tire rotation?

And did I say "I love this car!"? :D

2. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmccord @ May 22 2006, 11:47 PM) [snapback]259551[/snapback]</div>
    For some odd reason, they fail to mention in the manual the 4 jacking points for the toy jack that comes with the car for changing tires on the road. If you look below the rocker panel behind the front wheels and also forward of the rear wheels, you will see an indication of where this jack goes. The tire places around here use those spots for the 4 point lift, often with rubber or wooden blocks with a groove in them to fit the lip where the toy jack goes.

- Tom